Singapore Sojourn - Jase and Cindy´s Wedding


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 19th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just before we left Oz for good Gregor headed off to Singapore for Jason and Cindy's wedding. Becky was strapped for cash, so unfortunately she had to stay behind and work in Sydney. He didn't manage too well without her initially, leaving his kilt on the plane and having no cash for the first few hours!

It was the first Chinese style wedding that Gregor had been to. It started off at 6am with Jason's brothers (friends) helping him win over the release of Cindy from her sisters (friends also) by passing various tests. The girls were pretty cruel as these tests included eating celery smothered in wasabi paste and other such treats. The guys almost vomited but at least it worked and Jase won Cindy's friends over, so it was worth it - just!!!

There then followed various tea ceremonies and later there was a civil confirmation and a massive banquet. The Allans added a Scottish twist to the day's proceedings. The fun part of this was when Jason's dad provided whisky and shortbread. The downside was when the guys, who were dressed up in kilts, had to demonstrate Scottish country dancing to the other guests - over 300 of them. Jase came off worse as he had to do a solo Highland dancing performance which lasted for ages. Poor guy!!

It was a great day. Gregor enjoyed his boy time, catching up with his mates; the last time he will see them until we return. Congratulations to the happy couple.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb