Asia...... Were Back


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 10th 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Chinese TigerChinese TigerChinese Tiger

At the Temple of Lights?
We woke up early in Sydney after sleeping in our train carriage dorm and excitedly left for the airport to head to Singapore. Although we were excited about visiting a new country we were even more cheery because of the fact we had a nice hotel room booked in Singapore, thanks to my great Mum and Dad, and we wouldn't have to spend the night in another hostel. We boarded the extremely quiet plane and had 4 rows of seats to ourselves, tv and movies on demand and the greatest still to come, free alcohol. Gaz drunk them out of.... im sure u can all guess what, and i happily spent the next few hours chilling out before we landed in sticky Singapore and got a taxi to take us to our hotel. The taxi man was crazy and we spent the next 45 minutes hearing all he knew about the premiership and his favourite team, 'bolton wanderers - Gangsta Team!'

The hotel was really nice and we spent a good couple of days in Singapore sightseeing and relaxing in our nice and clean hotel room. Singapore has some amazing Botanical gardens and we spent one of our afternoons walking around them and visiting the Orchid Gardens. After sweltering at the gardens for a while we took a cab to the Asian Civilisation Museum which we walked around for a while and afterwards had the opportunity to buy an ice cream sandwich, what a strange combination!

We looked through the lonely Planet to see what other sights we might enjoy and were taken by the Temle of a thousand lights. After spending an hour walking around Little India we eventually found it, we couldn't see any of these 1000 lights mentioned but there was a couple of impressive stone tigers outside.

We spent our second and last evening in Singapore in the legendary China Town. It was nearly Chinese New Year and it was especially busy with dancing and celebrations in the street. China town was manic and after a crazy dinner in a chinese restaurant where we ordered lots of stuff that we couldn't pronounce and didn't have a clue what was. The restaurant was jammed pack with chinese and asians and we ordered by ticking a bit of paper with a list of the menu on and passing it to a fast paced waiter who would
OrchidsOrchidsOrchids

Singapore Botanical Gardens
seconds later return with your order. After our crazy meal we walked through the busy streets and learnt a bit about Chinese New Year, it is now the year of the pig which is my year, we bought some chinese good luck charms from one of the stalls and then headed back to our hotel.

I am really glad we are back in Asia and Singapore is a great place. Whilst Australia was really amazing there is something about the crazness in Asia i love and i am looking forward to spending my last 6 weeks away here. Should be great!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb