Singapore Visited


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi, again I am at an airport, this time we are waiting for our flights home to the UK. I have actually had a few hours and the necessary equipment to update the blog properly and put in some photos - sorry for the delay folks, still more to come but those will be once I get back home.

Singapore is lovely; we have had a few days to look around but not enough time (nor money!) to do all the things we initially wanted to do.

We arrived on Saturday evening and other than getting to the hotel and eating didn't really do anything. On Sunday Bob and I got up fairly early and got the courtesy Hotel bus down to Chinatown and spent a good few hours wandering around seeing all the preparations being done for the celebrations happening this weekend for the Chinese New Year. We visited the Chinese Hereditary Museum and it certainly makes you think that it would be rude to complain about the cramped conditions within an airplane!

Yesterday we caught the MRT and bus to the other side of Singapore to visit Changi Prison & Museum. The brochure said allow 1 ½ hours for the visit, nearly 4 hours later I emerged, the stories and information was heart rendering, such courage and fortitude, it certainly made me feel very humble. From here we caught another bus and then went to Singapore’s Botanical Gardens, we loved the Orchard Garden inside but the day had now got very overcast and muggy, thunderstorms were crashing overhead but no rain came to release the pressure so we left there around 7pm and headed back to our hotel.

Today we have had a lazy day, did some swimming in the hotel pool and decided to go back down to Chinatown for our last meal. We are now in the airport waiting to get our last flight for this holiday - back home to England, the cold but certainly looking forward to seeing the family again.

Had a really great time, Bob didn’t know what hit him with some of the hikes I got him on but I don’t think these will be repeated out of choice once we are home!

See you all soon. Loads of love Bob and Helen




Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb