Hello from Asia!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 10th 2007
Published: February 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

Right, we're here in South East asia now - in fact I'm in Malaysia, in Kuala Lumpur at the moment. We just got in today, having spent the last two days in Singapore.

Singapore was really nice - dead hot and humid, so the pasty legs have been out. It is very westernised, which was probably a good thing to ease in to the whiole Asia thing. Our flight arrived in the evening, Singapore-time, so we went straight to the hostel and dumped our stuff and had a shower. The hostel was right in the middle of an area called Little India, full of mosques and Hindu tempes - didnt realise the mosque next door was going to begin prayers at 5 in the morning, which woke us all up nice and early, much to our jet-lagged elation.

Had the first introduction to proper asian food - at about a pound for a meal, seemed cheap, but apparently it gets even cheaper in the rest of SE asia, so have that to look forward to. It was great anyway, even though I have absolutly no idea what it was that I was eating. The bloke selling it apparently knew the words 'chicken and 'pork', and was determined to use them as much as possible without any intention of going any further into a discription.

Anyway, spent the following day wandering about singapore (Including a massive lunch - had two meals. What?! Its cheap!), and then went to the Night Safari at the Zoo, to see the nocternal animals.

Our intention was then to get an early start to go to a place in Malaysia called Mulaka, but missed the daily bus by a good few hours, so ended up catching the bus to KL instead. So, two stamps on the passport already!

Havnt really explored KL much yet - going to try to watch the rugby this evening at a bar, and then see whats about tommorow. The day after that, we're heading off to Borneo to trek about in the jungle, see monkeys and meet some hillpeople in their villages. No idea if I'm going to get a chance to make the next entry over there, or wheter I'll have to wait till I come back, but if I don't do it for a couple of weeks or so, don't worry (Mum).

Simon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb