Food tour at ION Orchard


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
May 22nd 2019
Published: July 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

This morning, we visited ION Orchard Mall as we had a food tour booked. We did this tour last time we were here in 2016, but it was nice to see the changes since then. There was only the two of us on the tour today, so it felt it was very personal.

The tour is now called a heritage and food tour, so we got to hear a little about the heritage of ION Orchard which was very interesting for us.

Afterwards, we were taken down to the food court and given some samples of the typical Singaporean food.

Once inside the food court, we were taken around the different stalls and explained the local food that they offer and the history of each stall. At the end they provided us with small samples of a lot of the foods that we had seen within the food court. This was all very tasty.

At the end of the tour, we were presented with a Singapore $5 voucher each to be spent in the food court today. We had eaten so many tasters, we were not sure we could eat a full meal. Instead we used the vouchers on some traditional coffees and some cakes. A great way to finish off the food tour.

This evening, we had a leisurely walk around Little India. We were not really sure what we wanted to eat this evening, but were trying to stay away from the hawker centre.

We ended up having dinner at a Little India restaurant. George was drawn in by the chicken wings they were advertising outside. We had a very tasty meal and a lovely walk around the local area.

Another lovely day in Singapore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb