Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Harbour
July 17th 2011
Published: July 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at Clarke Quay, which is a convenient spot for many restaurants and bars. We started our evening with a seafood dinner at Jumbo - the black pepper crab, chilli crab and oatmeal prawns were really delicious.

After dinner, we had a walk along the river. Boat Quay was only about a 10 minutes walk away from Clarke Quay - there were more restaurants there but not as lively as Clarke Quay.

Then it was another easy 15 minutes walk to see Fullerton, Merlion Park and the Esplanade. We had a good view of the Merlion and the Sands Casino at the Merlion Park and the night view there was magnificent. There was a laser show at 9pm along the river.

On the next day, we went to the Sands Casino. Because it was a Monday afternoon, there weren't too many people inside the casino and the shopping area. There weren't too much to do, so we only spent about an hour there.

We then went to Orchard Road for shopping, and spent most of our time at a shopping centre called ION. The food court there had all the Singaporean street foods and it was a comfortable place to try them out with air con.

We finished off the evening with another seafood dinner at a restaurant called No Signboard. The white pepper crab was very delicious. We managed to try out all the famous Singaporean style seafood within 2 days, and concluded that black pepper crab and oatmeal prawns were our favourite.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb