Singapore Christmas 2015


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Kampong Glam
June 4th 2021
Published: June 4th 2021
Edit Blog Post

My grilfriend decided to spend Christmas 2015 in Singapore.

As Singapore isn't a cheap place, the first chanllenge was to find a good place to stay at a reasonable price. I found the "Parkroyal on Beach Road" hotel, and I can say it was a good choice: friendly staff, comfortable and very clean rooms and great location, near Singapore Flyer and Orchard Road.



Many retaurants are near, and many of htem at a good price.

We had booked a Christmas dinner at the saveur restaurant on 5 Purvis Street, and it wasn't a disappointment. Excellent food and wine, great staff.





Well, we spent 5 days there, and a lot of time went into shopping, my girlfriend loves Orchard Road, which shouldn't come as a suprise at all. Good thing is, if you have enough time, you can find some real bargains.





Singapore Flyer was a must, we loved the view very much.





Let's talk about food a bit; there are thousands of restaurants, but you will find that many are wuite expensive. We were lucky to find a great Chinese restaurant near our hotel, and the prices were very reasonable. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, sorry.

But for me the best choice for food are the "Hawkers", which usually are just small booths selling food. For me, they offer the most authentic food, and all at a low price.

Anyway, whatever you're up to, food-wise, you will be able to find whatever your heart - or your stomach - desires!





Communication was also an issue, as we wanted and needed to stay online. We purchased two SIM-cards for about 10 US$, each with 100 GB data, unlimited local calls, and 100 mintues for calls abroad. That was a great deal, I think. Compared to my home country, Germany, I'd call it basically free of charge. Incredible.





Singapore is definitely a place to go, friendly people, quite some attractions, many shopping possibilites, awesome food everywhere, and very international.

Don't miss Chinatown and Little India!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb