Chinatown


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Chinatown
March 4th 2011
Published: March 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

005005005

Lighting a candle for a smooth journey!
Stacey and I decided to go to Chinatown on Thursday before our flight as unfortunately Nicole had to fly back home but she will be back when we return to Singapore so we shall all see the Marine Bay Sands and experience the views there and all also go to raffles for our Singapore sling!

We only had a short period of time before our flight to Borneo so we went to the Buddha tooth temple and then walked around the markets in china town. Luckily we made it back to our hotel just in time for the heavens to open up and we experienced rain for the 1st time since leaving good old blighty.

We then flew to Borneo and have stayed for 2 nights at the Borneo Gaya Lodge in KK. Its a very basic room but does the job.

Today (Friday) Stacey and I then sat with our reception for about 2 hrs! We were deciding on what was best to see and do within our budget.

Our plan is to get a bus to Sandakan (approx 6 hrs) and we stay over night, we then get a boat over to Turtle Island and
009009009

Stacey in the drum tower at the temple
stay there the night and see the tutles lay there eggs on the beach at night time. We then go back to Sandakan and make our way to the Orang Utan Sanctuary and then travel to the Tabin wildlife reserve and get to stay the night and have dinner and a night cruise and see all the monkeys,birds, elephants and rhinos etc. Should hopefully be a really good experience and will hopefully have some good pictures to show you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

014014
014

Stacey attempting to use her chopsticks!
015015
015

And me, we felt like one of the locals!
016016
016

Its raining, argh!!!


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb