The Last Leg - Home


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
August 9th 2006
Published: August 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here we are at Changi airport awaiting our flight home to Melbourne. That departs at 9.00pm and we get into Melbourne at around 7.00am local. So another long day.

Anyway, back to where we left off. Yesterday we did not do a hell of a log. We slacked around the hotel in the morning and then decided that we would go to Bugi (pronounced 'Boogie' Street). Now back in the day when Bird and I were here in the 70s, Bugis Street was a favourite haunt for tourists. During the day it was a normal street with shops and food stalls, but at night it changed to a mecca for those wanting something different. That came in the form of blokes, dressed at girls, and if I might say so, very beautiful girls. Those who remember Bugis Street will remember the toilet block where sailors would put on a display of 'the dance of the flaming a......holes!!' on its roof. And as you do, you would drink until the sun came up. Well, news to you people. It's now full of street stalls and you can buy everything there for next to nothing.

So Bird and I did the shopping thing and got some real 'bargins'. Enjoyed every minute of it. Had a quiet night last night given the big day of travel ahead of us today. Won't mention the American bloke in the room next door who bought a lady-of-the-night back to his room and made a racket until 4.00am in the morning.

Today is our last day of our travels and it has been a fantastic journey. We are planning a future trip back to Singapore and the local area, it is great.

We'll do one more blog back in Ballarat and then close this chapter. See you then.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb