First Leg


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
July 8th 2006
Published: July 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Dep Melbourne 0050, Friday 7/7/06, 7 hrs 30 flight to Singapore. Landed at 0605 hrs to a cool 27 degrees C. Got to York Hotel just after 0700 hrs and had to wait around in foyer for 2 hours for our room. Very tired. Got room (great room), showered and we were ready to see the sights. Walked down to Orchard Rd, the main drag of Singa's and looked around. Masses of ppl and the smells take Bird and I back 30 years. Decided to go out to Sembawang/Woodlands, where we met and worked with New Zealand Force SEA in 1976 - 78. Caught the MRT (Mass Rapid Train) (wasn't in existance in our day). Sembawang and Woodlands certainly have changed. Bird got to see her old flat and we had lunch at the old 'Fernleaf Centre' where we both met and lived. Had chilly crab there. Heading off to London today.

Advertisement



9th July 2006

Happy Birthday
Hi Guys, Hope you made it OK Linda. How were the nerves i bet it was great seeing Jaimee again. Main thing Bob we hope you have a great Bithday we are thinking of you. Great place to spent it in. Bye for now all our Love Fiona and Ray.
9th July 2006

Cheers
Hi, have a great time. Keep the info coming and I will pass it on to Joan. xxx

Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb