Getting there


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
September 7th 2011
Published: September 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I always forget what a drag the traveling thing is. Started off on the train Newcastle-Sydney, managed to get delayed at Woy Woy by a stalled freight train then an unscheduled change of trains at Hornsby, so about 45 mins late getting to the airport. By the time we checked in our bags, went through customs and found our way among all the duty free there was enough time to grab a quick snack and then pretty soon boarding our plane. Singapore Airlines A380 has pretty much everything that opens & shuts, even cattle class is not too bad. Watched about 4 movies - the best of them was The Beaver- and found ourselves in Singapore late at night. Had about three hours to kill. Eventually found one of those spaces with the reclined banana lounges and stretched out for a quick nap. Next flight on a 777 -older and less flashy than the A380 but still good service on our direct flight to Istanbul. Spent a lot of this one trying to sleep - fellow economy class travellers will know what I mean! Arrived Istanbul about 7:30am local time to sunshine and warm air.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb