Sprinting through Singapore airport and onto Bali!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
February 27th 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Travel day. Back to our favorite place on earth…the airport. We said bye to Ho Chi Minh City in the morning and hello AGAIN to Singapore! We were already booked for the 4:40 pm flight to Bali, but we were going to TRY to go stand-by on the 1 pm. We knew this was going to be a feat…landing at noon from HCMC, getting our bags, going through customs and taking the airtram to another terminal. And while we tried, we failed…by NINE minutes. Boo. On the upside, if you are to be stuck in any airport in the entire world for any amount of time, the Changi airport in Singapore is where you want to be. There is free wi-fi throughout, amazing shops, restaurants, movie theaters, spas, nature walks, oxygen lounges, arcades, you name it…they have it! We took our time exploring and also headed over to the United terminal to see if we could change our seats on our flight back. So yes, we took our sweet little time.

We finally started heading over to our gate (or what we thought was our gate - 20F) when we hear over the loud speakers…Flight XYZ to Bali must board now, the gate is closing. We freak out…and start running, just to realize we were at the WRONG gate. We find out we were supposed to be at gate 34F - way on the other side of the terminal. (That’s what we get for fartin’ around so long!) CRAP! That’s also when you realize just out of shape you are…just full from lunch, carrying heavy bags, sweating and running your ass off because you just were NOT going to miss your flight to Bali. We get there and they are STILL checking people in. We weren’t even late. I swear we were on hidden camera…so if you ever see that episode, please change the channel! It just couldn’t be pretty.

We finally cooled off and caught our breath and were happy to be on Singapore Airlines, one of the nicest ones out there. We were greeted with fresh ice cold towels, personal televisions with hundreds of movie choices and even ANOTHER full meal with WINE! And yes, we were in coach. Sure beats budget airline Jet Star we had just flown - they wanted to sell you water!

We finally made it to Bali! YES! We checked into our hotel in Sanur which was really nice, great pool. We had to get straight to bed though, as were being picked up at 7 am to catch a speed boat to Gili Trawagan Island.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.617s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.4833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb