Singapore at L-O-N-G last!! Yippee!!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
October 17th 2008
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Landing in Singapore - from Changi Airport to Nicky and June's beautiful home in Siglap

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Some of the Waterskiing! 15 secs
Finally we land in the most gorgeous country/city of Singapore. At about 15:10 our plane landed and we disembarked, very excitedly (in my case anyway!!) into what I regard as one of the most amazing places ever! And Steven's first time here - couldn't wait to show him everything I go on about!! We had a little delay (our fault not the airports) getting into Singapore, as we had forgotten to get Nicky's house address for the declaration forms going in beforehand, so unfortunately by the time we had it, we had to queue a little, but all was well in the end!

Nicky was diligently and patiently waiting for us in the entrance of T1. I thought I hadn't seen him for so long I wouldn't spot him, but in true form, I did indeed and proceeded to fling my arms round the poor bloke! Hehe. Was on the phone to Momma at the time, so passed her over for a quick gossip, before having to say 'adios'. We got into the car and on our way. On just the short journey I recognized so much from last time and it was just as warm and lovely as remembered. Steven sat up in the front avec Mr Tay...so he could be shown a few of the sights on the way - the main interest for the pair of them was being shown the Formula 1 racetrack, some of which can still be seen from the motorway.

When we got back to their lovely beautiful home (just the same - love it there so much!), Steven and I popped our belongings into what was to be our room and quickly had showers (must have been smelly from the long journey!), freshened up and changed, all ready to go back out again.

We set off for one of the beachfronts and had a really nice stroll along one of the many running tracks (Steven was very impressed at all the great facilities they have here for keeping fit). I was taking it all in - the sounds, smells, and being wonderfully reminded of our last fabulous vacation here. We had a chat and June called - ready to leave work now - so off we went to collect her.

We decided to go have some dinner at the Food Court we had gone to last time with Mum, Dad and Mems. Nicky commented that this had been Poppa's favourite dining place when we had been here - so many yummy yummy food stalls in such a small place - so of course we took plenty of pics to make him jealous. Hehe. Cruel that we are! Steven and I wandered round with Nicky, while June found us a good spot to sit, and took in all the different stalls. I then wandered off to sit with June, and we left the two male providers (quite rightly so) to go provide us with scrummy foodstuffs. They did indeed do so and returned triumphant.

We sat and ate looking out onto the harbour and port, with the hundreds of ships lining up waiting to dock and unload their goods. It was a beautiful and very relaxing sight. A lovely spot to eat on our first evening there.

It was (as it always is here - but novel for Steven and I!) a lovely evening, so we all went for a bit of a stroll afterwards. We came across the most fabulous lake where people were waterskiing (yes at 10 o'clock at night) and having plenty of fun! I had forgotten how many wonderful facilities and things Singapore had - although this particular one had been a 'work-in-progress' last time we had come.

After, we went home, chatted and finally retired to a nice, comfy, much needed bed for a lovely l-o-n-g sleep. Busy day ahead tomorrow.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb