Goodbye Singapore!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
December 6th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya all again,

Just a quick update on our time here in Singapore. After leaving China town where we ended with the group we headed to our hostel One Florence Close. Here we had 5 extra days in Singapore. What we got up to was alot of "SHOPPING". Singapore is really a shoppers paradise, so many streets of shops and so many malls the choices are endless. So naughty me has added even more to my backpack with a new wardrobe, i'm quite lucky I was made to leave the UK with the bare minimum! Dave also dabbled in a few purchases but mainly electronics.

My view of Singapore has been good really nice stop off if your ever headed to Oz or Nz, can't say that things are any cheaper by a huge amount buts hey its just soooo fun, I thought Bluewater my my heaven! Not anymore!!!

We also went to the cinema which was nice, we saw Happy Feet so so good we loved it but then we are kids at heart!

Today we checked out of the hostel and headed to see the quite impressive Christmas tree made of diamonds, was sooo cool. It's still feeling odd seeing Christmas stuff everywhere and tunes that you'd hear back home but yet sweating instead of awaiting the snow!

Singapore also has a little island a short cable car ride away, so we spent the day there yesterday. ITs basically an adventure island had beaches tho we did not think the beaches where anything speacial so skipped the swimming. Instead we walked around went to underwalter world and saw a dolphin show, such wonderful mamals they are shame about the enclosure they live in. The best part of the island was our ride on the Luge... we bought a package that gave up 3 goes so we'd race down the get the skylift back up to the top and do it again, I was a bit scared at first so went slow, but then I got into it and loved it, Dave beat me to the finishing point every time tho!

Anyhoo we are currently in the airport using the free internet, and can't dowload any pics here so will add them when we can, might not be till oz now tho.

So we're off to Indonesia now and have split our 2 weeks there with a week in Bali and a week of relaxation on the Gilli Islands. So might not get a chance to write another blog untill we reach australia.

Hope your all cool.
Laters
El and Dave

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb