Treasures of Bolinao, Pangasinan


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
April 5th 2005
Published: July 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sun Basking time!Sun Basking time!Sun Basking time!

The sands of Bolinao is made up of beige little coarse sands with tiny sea shells in it. It's like the sand that is normally used in aquariums because it's not too smooth & coarse enough to hold the aquarium figurines. The surrounding rock formation shelter us from the strong waves, making calm waters at the seashore. Al & Val, & Jaqui, Maan (Taking the picture) found this spot soooo relaxing. Jaqui was even able to sleep. The sand is also ideal for exfoliating the skin. Time flies easily in this kind of atmosphere.
Summertime! Summertime! We need to escape! The beaches of Boracay is already crowded. We need a place that is serene & secluded for a couple getaway. Treasures of Bolinao is the place to be. It's a resort fronting the South China sea, at the northern part of the Philippines, West to it is the Lingayen gulf. Val and I went with our bestfriends Jaqui and Maan H. It took us 7 hours drive from Manila to get here. Since the resort is really secluded, it is best to bring food for your snacks (there is a corkage fee about P200 for all of us). We had our meals in the resort which just has simple fare (they considered juice as dessert) but their grilled tilapia was delicious after a day in the sun. On our first day, we stayed in the beach on the left side of the resort and enjoyed the sunset. The next morning, we played with a kite which we bought on the way to Bolinao. We then explored the right side of the resort which is full of tidepools and a virgin beach. We were the only visitors in the resort so we had the whole place
Natural JacuzziNatural JacuzziNatural Jacuzzi

A lot of fish get trapped in these pools of water after the tides have gone low.
to ourselves. We sunbathed, took loads of pictures and explored the different rock formations. Jaqui even spent an hour with his snorkel and his head submerged in a small tidepool which is full of assorted fishes. It was like natural spa with "jacuzzis" and "saunas." Then we went back to the resort beach and just lounged around the wide expanse of shallow waters. We also sang on their karaoke on our last night. On our last day, we left right after breakfast so that we could visit Alaminos to have calamares and our lunch at Maxim's by the sea, a favorite childhood restaurant of Val's whose home province is Alaminos, Pangasinan. We then visited the local market to buy calasiao puto, suman/rice cakes, ripe mangoes by the basket. It was a long trip but truly worth it! We have indeed discovered a treasure!


Note: The running water is a bit like seawater so we resorted to using "tabo" to take a bath instead of waiting for the slow trickle of the shower.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

TidepoolsTidepools
Tidepools

Small pools like these are best for a dive-in with a snorkel & be mesmerized with the different fish species. A camouflage fish was even present. It’s like sticking your head in an aquarium.
The BalconyThe Balcony
The Balcony

What a view!
Panoramic Room ViewPanoramic Room View
Panoramic Room View

We stayed at the Treasures of Bolinao resort, this place was originally a private home but was now open to the public. One of the rooms we visited had a panoramic view that really took our breath away. It was like their presidential suite. They are renting it for P4500/night and this could accommodate up to 10 persons. It also has a balcony making it a really romantic place.
Let's go kite flying!Let's go kite flying!
Let's go kite flying!

Jaqui & Aluel
Natural manholesNatural manholes
Natural manholes

These coral openings push water out. It was so tempting to dive in it because it leads to the water. It was risky though, the girls did not permit us. We agree.


30th September 2005

hi
30th September 2005

hi
i think the bolinao is the best view for the philippines ,,thier is agood for the country..////////////
17th November 2005

beautiful
bolinas is beautiful.i hope to go there some day.i have been to the philippines before.i had a good time
10th March 2006

ganda talaga ng bolinao!!!
taga bolinao po ako at proud po ako sa lugar namin. maganda, malinis at hospitable talaga mga tao. try out mga beaches grabe! sulit ang gastos! maganda talaga!
16th April 2006

the dreamer
wow! at last i found nice photo of Bolinao, been der last summer of 2003 with my swity, sad we're not together anymore but still dreamin of goin back. we've been to patar about an hour form the town proper via tricycle, rough road but really so exciting.. love the sineguelas, mangoes, ang the fried flying fish. you should try. so yummy. by the way ganda po ng mga pix nyo, pretty po nung girl. pedeng model. at cute din din yung guy.
22nd April 2006

W O W ! ! !
ang ganda talaga ng beach sa bolinao sa brgy patar, grabe sulit na sulit ang byahe namin from bulacan, try nyo maganda talaga...
29th April 2006

bolinao
perfect shots! i grew up from this place and looking at these pictures made me homesick all a sudden. i like to go home,last year was my latest visit. thanks and God bless!
2nd May 2006

Treasures of Bolinao resort
Bolinao itself is a beautiful place but what I'd like to comment on is the Treasures of Bolinao resort. It is too far and the road going there is rough. We were told that the cottages have 2 air-conditioned room but when we got there, we discovered that there is only one room with air-condition, while the other one has an electric fan only. The pool has salt water, and also the water coming from the faucet is salt water!!! We have experienced no water coming out of the faucet while taking a bath!!! As for the beach, it's rocky! We had to walk to other resorts' beach fronts to enjoy it.
9th June 2006

wow maganda to parang nasa paradise ka!!!
wow sobrang ganda d2 sa bolinao..pagnagbabaksyon parang ayw ko ng umuwi sa manila..sobrang ganda d2 lahat ng mga beach try nyong pumunta d2 hindi kau mgsisisi,promise talaga...nakakarefresh ng pakiramdam d2 pag marami kang problems...kaya punta na kau!!!!tnx nga pala sa mga comment nyo about sa province na kinalakihan ko..maraming salamat talaga sana mgagenjoy kau!!!!have a good time!!
27th July 2006

quite and nice place
I grow up in bolinao and last year I was there and I enjoy my vacation, pero and tresurer di pa tapos nooon., Bolinao maganda, tahimik, mababait ang mga tao at higit sa lahat malinis ang aming probinsiya. So it is nice to stay in there for relaxing and enjoy the serenity of Bolinao. Try to visit on our fiesta masaya....
27th July 2006

quite and nice place
I grow up in bolinao and last year I was there and I enjoy my vacation, pero and tresurer di pa tapos nooon., Bolinao maganda, tahimik, mababait ang mga tao at higit sa lahat malinis ang aming probinsiya. So it is nice to stay in there for relaxing and enjoy the serenity of Bolinao. Try to visit on our fiesta masaya....
21st September 2006

ang sarap magbakasyon
sinama lang ako ng friend ko grabe bait ng mga tao at enjoy tlaga kme ng brkada ko kya lang nasira yung camera namin pero okey lang nagenjoy naman kame eh.
4th October 2006

Do you know any contact person or resort
I am getting married next year and we are looking bolinao as our wedding place, but its too hard to get info through internet but maybe one of you guys can help me to find a resort or contact person that i accomodate my concerns. I saw your pictures and it was beautiful but I need more details about the place that you guys stayed. Any info are well appreciated please forward all your e-mails to nanette@gtacell.com More power to all!!!!!
13th October 2006

no other!!!
bolinao is simply the best!!! been there so many times and lived there for 2 yrs! one of the nicest place i've been in my whole life! to all lovers out there..... u must go there before getting married and take a lot of pics! i'm sure babalik kayo ulit! kahit malayo at medyo nakaka-inip ang travel, super sulit naman!!! especially patar! a place like no other!... (para sakin un!)....... treasures of bolinao is a such a wonderful, relaxing place, lalo na pag sunset! bawal nga lang ang maarts dito! if u go to bolinao, spend ur time for having fun!!! wag nyo hanapin ung comfort ng water supply, or anything na nasa city kasi hndi kayo mag-eenjoy kung ganun! u go to another place for vacation to unwind or get closer to nature and not to compare things that u'l only find in the city! go to bolinao!!! sobrang relaxing talaga! hindi ko napapalipas ang 1 year na hindi ko napupuntahan ang bolinao! super sulit!!!
8th November 2006

website
i want to know the website of treasure's of bolinao resort. I want to go there also....
28th February 2007

seafoods
The place is really good. But if you are a seafood lover, suggest better to bring with you the seafoods from alaminos and have it cook their. Nothing much to buy in the market.
8th March 2007

planning to be there...(we need a place to stay in)
hi!...very good pictures! (nakakaakit talagang puntahan!) i have a pangasinense friend and she is inviting us to visit/explor her hometown and getting to bolinao is on the top list..( ikalawa nalang ang hundred island, heheheh) the problem is....we need a place to stay in while we are in bolinao, do you have any recommendation? suggestion? (cowboy kami, basta maayus ang CR/restroom) at sana e yung affordable at pang 8 person. thanks a lot! (hope to here from you soon (we'll be there this April)
11th April 2007

nature's best
we've been to the treasures of bolinao just this holy week and we truly enjoyed the beautiful pristine waters and wonderful nature. A truly amazing place to unwind and relax. Although there's scarcity of water at times and in need of housekeeping improvement (door locks in comfort rooms) the place is still worth visiting just don't you expect too much or else you'll get disappointed.
11th April 2007

Treasures of Bolinao
We thank you for the management and staff of Treasures of Bolinao. Our wedding was done brilliantly. Everybody enjoyed food, drinks, service with relazing atmosphere. Thank you very much. I will definately come back every at our wedding anniversary. Thanks to Jane for searching this enique so beautiful place. I love you people. See you soon.
25th April 2007

try nyo, rock garden. resort maganda. ung beach k lang. meron silang dorm type na room. good for 10 to 15 persons. 4k kung walang aircon. 6k kung meron. gud luck. try nyo din bing's beach resort. medyo malayo pero afrodable naman.
28th April 2007

wanna ask
we're planning to go in Bolinao this May5-6.... but all of us have no idea how much money to prepare... and do we need to contact the resort first? thanks Please kindly email me at mykhendeeh15@yahoo.com or jnterana@yahoo.com
6th September 2007

maganda yung place tsaka yung view nakakarelax great alternative to crowded boracay kaso noong pumunta kami last april mahina ang air conditioned ng mga kwarto nag paflactuate ang kuryente tsaka yung food nila very expensive sana magawan nila ng paraan kasi ang ganda talaga ng place and were planning kasi to go back kung okey n
6th March 2008

Wow! what a great resort. "treasures of bolinao" This is one of the best resort we have ever been in the Philippines. Our team building went fantastically well. The place is perfect, tranquile, homely atmosphere and very private with a touch of class. We missed seeing a extensive bar, but anyway did not bother us at all. If this place is well polished its near to a "aman polo" at Raphels Club in Singapore. Tariff is not for weak spender and again it reflects to the nature of their market. Thumps up. See you again treasures.
24th March 2008

Sabik na ko!
Hey! you know what me and the whole family are going there this year, and I saw the photos of the beaches of Bolinao parang Boracay! nadagdagan excitement ko!
6th April 2008

wow!
bolinao is my favorite place to go...sarap tlaga mag babad sa dagat.espcially pag full moon.wow! sarap maligo.clear water and white sand talaga.that's why i always tell my friends to visit bolinao.its a breath taking place to go...para kang nasa palawan.sarap talaga!and the food, sarap! alwys fresh...lagi kami nanadyan.coz,my uncle has a beach haus in bolinao.it took us 15mins to go to treasure of bolinao or patar.try nyo...at bablik balikan nyo ito.
7th April 2008

I agree with all of you!
I was there sometime in 2004- (it's been a while) and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Its beauty is kaleidoscopic- it changes constantly every hour of the day. The pristine blue waters blend with the likewise blue skies and hues of orange and pink clouds. It's a haven yet to be discovered by nature lovers!
10th April 2008

treasures of bolinao
ive been to treasures of bolinao and we didnt had fun. the place is good but the service is not. the administrators doesnt know how to treat guests. and they even treat their ojt/employees very badly... so sad
13th April 2008

hi
bolinao where you can find a lot of Beauty GOD's creation... hope to see you there and ENJOY VISITING IN OUR PLACE!!!
23rd April 2008

Bolinao-Worth of Your Time
Bolinao one of the best place that i've been to, 5-6 hours on the road is worth it pride of pangasinan
30th April 2008

mar'08-one of its kind, real paradise
We just wanna see the place but after seeing it kahit ala kaming extra clothings with us, we decided to checked in right there and then. We were all mesmerized by the beauty hidden and truly, it was really one of the Treasures of Bolinao. Thank you Mr. Raymund Reyes for being so accommodating. Actually, we decided to be back this coming May for another mesmerizing moment in Bolinao.
13th May 2008

bolinao...
is one of the best place in planet earth!!! i love spending summer here with the whole clan and friends... come and visit bolinao, i bet... you'll never forget this wonderful creation of god.
12th July 2008

bolinao
last 2004, me and my friend stay at rock garden with her boyfriend and her sister... it wasn't too bad, it was good and really nice place to stay in... specialy that it is nera by the sea.... i was just hoping that there is a nearest restaurant not far away at the resort.... cause, early morning i'll get really hangry and need something to eat or even just a coffee... But guys, believe me, bolinao is one of the place that's good to stay in... i love the place.... bolinao is the best!...
8th November 2008

i love bolinao
10th November 2008

Villacarolina beach resort in Bolinao
if you are going to Bolinao. i suggest you stay at Villacarolina. the accomodation prices are just right. the owners (ate carol and jan) will make you feel at home. they have ppols, hammock at jacuzzi . super bait ng owners and you will not believe they are hands on talga sa lahat ng guest nila. ate carol will surely take care of all your needs. the best part is.. if you get hungry anytimie, they will cook for you. go and visit enchanted cave too and patar beach
24th November 2008

As a token of appreciation, We thank Treasures of Bolinao for a well rounded service. This place is truely and uncomparably beutiful. The beach is clean and owesome beauty that inbedded in our mind. Highly recommeded, just visit their web www.treasuresofbolinao.com We love this place and we will soon be back again. Tony of Unilever
20th January 2009

Surprising
Its quite surprising to see good comments on treasures of bolinao. my purpose for going to bolinao was to have a great vacation, to relax due to the fact that there were alot of problems going on. when we arrived at treasures of bolinao, everything seemed quite nice. the view was great the temperature was cool and so were the rooms. when we arrived, it was already after lunch. so we decided to take a walk after we checked out the rooms it was still good. when the sun set, we decided to have some dinner. we ordered some bbq pancit rice iced tea and soft drinks. while waiting for our food we decided to sing. 30 minutes has passed and i felt my stomach grumbling. an hour passed and still no food. a few minutes later it came. only the food (no drinks). we were finished eating and still NO DRINKS! we waited for our iced tea and when some of our company started complaining, they told us that it was out of stack. it was a bad night so far and they promised they will do better the next day. guess what? the next day it was even worse.MUCH WORSE! they already reserved some tables for us which was already prepared with some coffee and hot choco. it was meant to be for us and when we asked them where to sit, they told us some place else since another guest was already there. we ordered and again we had 2 wait for another 2 hours!!all of us were hungry. our food came and everything was wrong. we waited for our hot choco and they told us that they still had to buy outside the resort!!!it was dissapointing. so we decided to move to another resort(punt riviera) where we were able to relax better. their secret was that they only had one cook! no assitants so he had to chop and cook and put on the plate. they said that almost all of the cooks walked out. i cannot manage to live in this kind of place. no matter how much money i have i will NEVER reccomend treasures of bolinao. i would rather go to punta riviera..i love bolinao's place but not TREASURES OF BOLINAO specifically.
27th April 2009

water is too shallow!
my family and i went to bolinao 2 days ago and we were all looking forward to having a great time at the beach considering that it too us 9 hours to get there. the sand was nice compared to san fabian's, but we all got disappointed to find out that the water was too shallow! the deepest we could find was below the knee! we had to walk more than 30 mins trying to reach the waves but we couldn't get any farther because the farther you get, the more you're going to hurt your feet with the torns of the seagrass and sharp stones. the water was very clean, very clear... yeah, but not good for swimming. So we all went home disappointed.
17th July 2009

awesome
i really want to grow old in bolinao
20th September 2009

grabe ang ganda
grabe ang ganda sa bolinao ng stay kme s treasures beach resort sulit n sulit sobrang ganda nkkrelax.s summer ulit...
3rd December 2009

bolinao is really a paradise place because of its beatifu places...
29th January 2010

I happen to be a tour guide from Palawan and from time to time go to other tourist destinations here in the Philippines. I experienced the beauty of Bolinao just this January 2010. Palawan is Palawan so they say..but believe you me...Bolinao can compare to other tourist destinations in the Philippines. Tourism in Bolinao is still young, so people who go there may find the place a bit awkward in terms or out of synch with the modern world. But hey, that's the beauty of it..communing with nature and releasing all those tensions brought about by the rat pace of city living. I'll be returning to Bolinao soon..actually this coming April 2010..and settle there for good..and work as a tour guide.. Who knows, we might see each other there..c",)
7th April 2010

inquiry
hi ask ko lng saan ito in Bolinao in particular? and how to get there?
19th September 2010

BOLINAO.. the best ! :D
i love yer photos! nice shots... nice views... gnda talaga sa Bolinao.. lagi ako jan every vacation because it's my grandma's natal land... but once lang ako nkapunta sa treasures.. hndi pa sulit.. :(( hayy.. hope jan naman kami pumuntang family next vacation.. God bless guys! ganda talagaaaaa!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb