Hundred Islands, the Return


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Pangasinan » Hundred Islands
December 28th 2006
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have returned! After the wedding and the holidays, Mila Atienza, my mother-in-law now, decided to bring all of us to Alaminos, Pangasinan, their hometown. This would be a chance for the balikbayans (Filipinos coming back to the Philippines) Ditas Gavino and Nikki Sacasas to go back to the Hundred Islands. Fortunately, Ditas' family owns the ocean-themed house we used to stay in. It was a 6-hour car drive to Alaminos, passing through North Luzon Expressway. It used to be an 8-9 hour ride but due to the government's improvements and widening of NLEX, the drive was much shorter. We first visited the local cemetery to visit Val's deceased grandmother, Lola Nora. Then, we were off to the islands. We rode a boat in Lucap - the tip of Alaminos. We then headed to Quezon Island. Despite the December crowd, we all had fun under the sun and took lots of pictures. My wife and her relatives have been visiting the Hundred Islands every summer during their childhood. So this was truly a homecoming to her US-based relatives (Nikki from Burbank, CA and Ditas and Mommy Mila from Fairfax, VA). Local fares such as the famous calamares (grilled squid rings) and lechon (roasted pig) plus a pilgrimage visit to Manaoag Church completed the Filipino vacation!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

the groupthe group
the group

Left to Right : Mommy Mila, Carmela, Manang Flora, Tita Ditas, Rommel, Val, Valyn, Mrs. Rina David (Writer of Inquirer Newspaper) & Nikki.
Family friend Manang Flora & Mother-in-law, MilaFamily friend Manang Flora & Mother-in-law, Mila
Family friend Manang Flora & Mother-in-law, Mila

Remember this shot from my past blog ?
the Calamares Girlsthe Calamares Girls
the Calamares Girls

Pangasinan is famous for its fried squid battered in bread crumbs. Yummy! One order is at P200 per plate.


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb