Palawan with Family


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan
November 22nd 2012
Published: November 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This one was just a few weeks later to Palawan, Phillippines.

A Dickson family trip! Rob’s sisters and mom, and their partners, boyfriends and husbands all came to Hong Kong first to visit us (which is always a treat) then we were off! Palawan is one of the 7,000 islands that make up the Philippines and is a growing tourist destination. Lucky for us, it’s still pretty undeveloped, which means no crowds, nice local people and beautiful scenery. This trip was unique, as it was 8 of us traveling together to some very remote locations in a 3rd world country, lots of uncertainties, but lots of excitement! We did a kind of circle around the island starting in Puerto Princessa, which is the capital. We flew in here, stayed the night, and then were off to Sabang, to see the famous ‘Underground River’. As the name implies, it is literally a huge (5 mile long) river flowing in the middle of a spectacular cave. This place came very close to becoming one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World and rightfully so, it was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen/experienced, ever! Next stop was one night in Port Barton, for kayaking and a beautiful sunset, then El Nido. This spot would have to be my favourite. A small beach town where you spend your days out on a boat exploring surrounding islands and beaches. Same routine everyday, wake up, eat breakfast, get on boat, snorkel, beach, tan, swim, snorkel, next beach, tan swim, snorkel, beach BBQ lunch, tan, swim, snorkel. REPEAT x3. It took us three full boating days to see all the gorgeous islands El Nido has to offer. Every beach more stunning than the last, but by day three having your own private white sand, turquoise water paradise becomes the norm and you forget why it’s special. Funny how that happens… This trip was truly an incredible adventure because it was shared with people we care about. Love!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 15; qc: 55; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb