Coconut Garden Resort


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » Port Barton
November 20th 2011
Published: November 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The drive to Port Barton was long, uncomfortable, wet and smelly. The 4 hour ride turned into 6 because all the rain turned the road into a slippery mess. The jeepny was packed with little to no room to stretch, and the helpers smelled really bad. When we finally reached Port Barton our boat transport to Coconut Garden Resort on the island of Cacnipa was waiting for us. 30 minutes later we were settled in and having a bite to eat. The resort itself was beautiful with manicured lawns, colorful gardens, stone pathways and a magnificent view of the South China Sea. The food served in the restaurant was always really good and served with a smile. On our first night Tris enjoyed beef tenderloin in red wine sauce and potatoes, while I enjoyed a cheesy Hungarian sausage.

On our 2nd the day the sun tried its hardest to shine but just couldn't do it. On our third day we got some sun and spent the majority of the day by the beach, but that also ended with both of us covered in sand fly bites and itching like crazy.

We went to sleep and woke up every morning to the sounds of waves crashing against the shore. What a beautiful sound! Coconut Resort was the kind of place you can get used too. The daily routine of waking up to a beautiful sunrise, enjoying a fresh picked mango and brewed coffee, a few hours before lunch spent snorkelling, a siesta before dinner.. and end the day over drinks and cards. Bed was always early.

As epected in rainy season, we saw a lot of rain. One afternoon we were sitting in the restaurant playing cards and we heard rain. We looked out to the sea and could watch the rain come in slowly. The water near us was calm, but in the distance you could watch the droplets splash against the sea, and slowly it moved towards us. It was the coolest thing! If we had the camera we would've taken a video.

The drive back to Puerta Princessa was another jeepny, and then bus. The bus was packed full of people and rice sacks. Over the speakers they blared Christmas music for about 20 minutes straight, then techno. The drive was a lot shorter than the way there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Jeepny stuckJeepny stuck
Jeepny stuck

We actually all had to climb out
Coconut GardenCoconut Garden
Coconut Garden

We got to stay in one of these on our last night because our room had a leaky roof


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb