negros island


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros
April 22nd 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

oh my in a crazy internet cafe at the moment, all the people are internet gaming REALLY LOUDLY and all i can hear is people shooting people on their computer and there is a crazy guy who keeps lauging evilly everytime he shoots someone which i find a little worrying.

riiiite, well after cebu we got a boat to negros island where we spent a night in the town of dumagete. it was quite nice, and the book said there was quite a good bar so we thought we would give it a try. the first sign that it was not quite as nice as it seemed was when me and belinda saw a man who must have been at least 65 dragging a young filippino girl along the road by her arm who was about 12. i was aware there was alot of child pedophilia here but seeing it face to face is very disturbing. and when we went out to the bar it turned you to be, in effect, a brothel. so that was fun.

however we headed to sipilay the next day on a bus, and despite the fact that a sports bra was badly needed with the number of bumps on that road and my chest dropped about 2 inches (im joking, abit) the journey wasnt too bad. we met a canadian couple who let us sharetheir boat to sugar beach and checked into a beach hut which was rather lovely. belinda was quick to point out that the girl we met looked like jessica simpson and then we started calling them nick and jess which may have been a little weird. what was weirder though was when they started calling each other nick and jess! sugar beach was beautiful and i finally managed to do some diving which was pretty special. the coral here is amazing and its liek fish soup. its also like jellyfish soup and one stung me on the hand little fucker. i stole a restaurants vinegar and put it on my finger and then it was all better, and i didnt need to resort to getting natash to pee on my hand.

one problem was that there were no cash points and we ended up having to travel to the other side of the island to find one. and then when we got there the bank had put a block on my card which was excellent. we met a woman called crazy mai (well her name was mai but she turned out to be abit crazy) and she was looking for a cash point too so we ended up going with her but by the time we got back to sipilay beach it was too late to get a boat to the beach hut so we had to stay at her house! and we met her mum and her niece (who cooked up food at 2am) and her daughter and belinda ate a chilli by accident which was HILLARIOUS it must be said. did a couple more dives yesterday and today got a bus up to bacolod. tomorrow getting aboat up to manilla and heading north into the rice terraces. yay

Advertisement



22nd May 2008

What an action-packed post! I've never actually been to Negros Island itself but I'm about to go there to update the Visayas section of the Lonely Planet guide. If you or any of your readers have any other "must sees" for the Negros please let me know. You can add suggestions to the comments section of this post here. I'm after fun, weird, quirky stuff. Look forward to hearing from you!

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb