Girl day and "Bentusa" (Ventosa) Massage Class


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Negros Oriental » Dumaguete
August 1st 2014
Published: August 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

I had an amazing day with the girls. We exchanged millenary culinary secrets and I had a very special “Bentusa” Massage Class: One of Ivy’s friends is a Professional Philippino Massause that has learn this technique from her ancesters and today I was passed on to me.

Ventosa Massage Therapy is performed by placing glass on specific accupoints on your back. In order to create a vacuum effect, a flame from a burning cotton ball is placed in an inverted cup. We used two types of tourches: cotton wrapped around a coin called candle and cotton on fresh ginger slices. The practitioner then moves the cup toward the outside parts of the body sucking the air away.

The cups used are made of different materials depending on the culture. Traditional Chinese practitioners use strong glass to ensure safety. To create a vacuum, a flame from a burning cotton ball is placed in an upside-down cup. As the oxygen in the cup burns out, the cup is placed directly on the skin where it is held in a place by a strong suction. This draws the skin inside the cup. Ventosa cupping is generally a painless procedure. Proper placement of the glasses on the tensed points should be implemented. This is usually done on the shoulder blades where you have frozen shoulders and at the back area where the guest usually feel back pain. Cups are also placed on the lower back area to relieve lower back pains.

Traditional Chinese Medicine conveys that the flow of “Qi” travel through the body channels called meridians. These are the conduits through which energy flows to every part of the body. Illness results when the qi is blocked at certain points or is not flowing properly throughout the body.
Ventosa cupping opens these meridians in the body that allows the flow of “QI” along the problem areas. It restores the out of balance “Qi” through the application of suction and pressure resulting in invigorating flowing of energy throughout the body.

Ventosa also nourishes the muscle and the skin by drawing the Qi to the surface of the body.

The skin inside the cup reddens due to the strong cupping which indicates that circulation has been brought to the surface. There is a deep warmth and tingling sensation after the treatment. Ventosa Cupping is generally a painless procedure. The redness should disappear in a day or two.

In order to have the maximized benefit of a therapeutic massage, a DEEP TISSUDE MASSAGE is recommended after a Ventosa Cupping massage.

The technique is widely used to heal pulmonary issues, clear sking and its believed to keep evil energies away from your body.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ventosa MassageVentosa Massage
Ventosa Massage

Basic Elements
Ventosa Massage-2Ventosa Massage-2
Ventosa Massage-2

Preparing the torches
Ventosa Massage-3Ventosa Massage-3
Ventosa Massage-3

Finding the energy points
Ventosa Massage-8Ventosa Massage-8
Ventosa Massage-8

Deep tissue massage before and after
Ventosa Massage-7Ventosa Massage-7
Ventosa Massage-7

Deep tissue massage before and after
Ventosa Massage-9Ventosa Massage-9
Ventosa Massage-9

Deep tissue massage before and after
Ventosa Massage-4Ventosa Massage-4
Ventosa Massage-4

Creating the vacuum effect
Ventosa Massage-5Ventosa Massage-5
Ventosa Massage-5

Lighting the torches
Ventosa Massage-6Ventosa Massage-6
Ventosa Massage-6

Restoring the energy flow ....


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb