Banaue


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Mountain Province
May 18th 2006
Published: May 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sup peoples. Right now I am in Banaue where the 8th wonder of the world exists; the rice terraces. These terraces are so amazing. Yesterday we walked all through them hiking the whole way. We got all dirty and disgusting but it was simply breathetaking. Dont worry I have plenty of pictures but they certainly do not do it justice. The native people who farm and live in the rice terraces known as the Ifugao use to be head hunters within the last 100 years, but the missionaries came and tought them to settle disputes through trade. It is amazing to see how these people live. To even access the terraces that are deep into the mountains you have to walk along the edges which are less than a foot wide. This was extremely dangerous and it was a thrilling experience. Today we are going on a 3 hour hike to another set of terraces. I cant even begin to tell you how wild this whole thing is. Trust me were not living like kings here either. We eat, breathe, and live much as the people who live around the places we visit. We will be here in the mountain province (Banue) for a few days doing a lot of hiking and exploring. This area is basically the only place left that is virtually untouched by sex tourism. It is a very isolated area in the mountains some 4000 feet above sea level. I will keep in touch probably one more time here in Banaue probably tommorow because we are hiking to a lodge further up in the mountains and staying the night and coming back into the town tommorow morning. Thats it for now. Bye everyone and I miss you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb