Carlos - the performer


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
July 29th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Had a wonderful 'tour' today. Carlos runs tours around Intramuros, and two friends and I joined him this morning for a short walk and one of the best two and a half hours I have spent. Carlos is a performer, using his skills to give us a eclectic and entertaining view of the good and bad Intramuros.

We really only visited two places, but he used these to weave a such a brilliant design in our minds that I think everyone went away with a new view of Manila and its place in our history and our world.

It would be a shame to tell too much. First, because it would be impossible to give it the same passion that Carlos was able to imbue. Second, because it would spoil it for you. If you have any interest, make Carlos a must on your itinerary.

ps. You will find Carlos' details in the latest Lonely Planet guide to the Philippines, or google Celdran Tours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Every city has its cats ...Every city has its cats ...
Every city has its cats ...

and if its not the big M, its Starbucks. We did appreciate the coffee, though, after a week of instant!
Every city has its cats ...Every city has its cats ...
Every city has its cats ...

but Manila also has Carlos. Here he is at the start of our tour, full of fire for his home town.
Every city has its cats ...Every city has its cats ...
Every city has its cats ...

but Manila also has Carlos, here at the end of a wonderful two and a half hour solo performance.


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb