Kota Kinabalu to Malapascua


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Malapascua Island
April 28th 2012
Published: April 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Zaza Asia Adventure


Kota Kinabalu a place where we enjoyed ourselves. Kota Kinabalu was an awesome place, we went to an offshore island and spent the morning swimming it was our first beach for our holiday. We took a taxi and did a tour of the city and we saw a big mosque and went to a lookout.

We left Kota Kinabalu and went to Manila our first stop in the Philipines. Firstly we arrived at Clarke (an old US airforce base) then we went on a two hour bus ride to Manila City. We got our luggage off the bus and found a taxi. Wow it was an adventure we got lost.! After a very interesting trip we then arrived at our hotel and we settled in, had dinner then explored the local supermarket.

The next day we headed to Boracy a beautiful island! We were meet at the dock by a tricycle, it is a motorbike with a side car that we had to squeeze onto. It actually fit 5 of us and our two suitcases on the roof!!!! It was quite a ride.!

Over the next 4 days we went on a paraw (a traditional sail boat) snorkeling,
BoracayBoracayBoracay

Hair Braided
we had a bannana boat ride and lots of swimming!!! I had my hair braided, it is still in after 1 week! There were great markets and Mum and I wanted to buy everything! That was our awesome Boracay adventure.

After Boracy we then went to Cebu City for a night. We went and saw the Basilca which is the oldest church on the Philipines. It was first built in 1565 and burnt down three times, it was so beautiful. We also saw Magellans cross which was planted by Magella when he first landed in the Philipines.

Malapascua an island that is lots of fun was our next destination. On the day we arrived we had a big swimming advenure (it is so...... hot). The next day we took a boat and headed out for another snorkeling adventure. We first saw a coral reef and then a Japaness boat wreck (it was a Japeness boat sunk in the war). Then we went to our last snorkeling spot which was a big coral reef full of fish. Malapasuca is home to the Thresher Shark but we didn't see any as they are so deep.

After the snorkeling adventure
BoracayBoracayBoracay

Pucka Beach
my brothers meet up with some local boys and played with crabs on the beach. We hope to do some more snorkeling on our final day here before a full day of travel tomorrow. Keep following me on my amazing Asia holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Kota Kinabalu, SabahKota Kinabalu, Sabah
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Floating Mosque
MalapascuaMalapascua
Malapascua

Looking for next diving spot...
MalapascuaMalapascua
Malapascua

Local Village
Cebu City, PhilippinesCebu City, Philippines
Cebu City, Philippines

Basilica Minore Del Santo Nino
Cebu CityCebu City
Cebu City

Magellans Cross
BoracayBoracay
Boracay

Willy's Rock


29th April 2012

What an Adventure
What a great adventure Zara and her family are having. I like the way you are using this blog as a diary

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb