Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 18th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Borneo


Additional maps: Borneo

Sorry for the delay in this blog we have been so busy so ive got lots to write about.(Weve also been out of internet range)

We started our Borneo adventure in Kuching (Kuching also means cat in Malaysian.) After only one night there we headed off to Pontianak, Kalimantan, Indonesia. One of the highlights about Pontianak was visiting the equator. Again we only had one night there. The following day we headed off to Pangularbun. We were met by our tour giude Edi. He was our tour giude for a three day klotok(a wooden boat)ride. (And we also had a learner tour gide helping Edi out Abu) The klotok took us to Tanjun Puting national park. At each station there was a feeding platform where rangers put out some bannans for the orangutans to eat.There was an king male orangutans at each feeding station we were quite lucky because we saw all the kings they were so big. At the second feeding station we were siting on our klotok having lunch and a gibbon called Boy Boy jumped onto our boat and stole one of the watermelons we were having for lunch.Then all of a sudden a macaques jumped onto our boat and stole a bannana and a whole packet of fish crackers. The boat ride was the BEST I was sad when we had to leave the boat. After our boat trip we made our way back to Kuching were we stayed at a farm stay, which was a traditional Malay wooden house. This farm stay was awesome we even got to play in the stream so me and my brothers made our own boats with leaves and sticks. There was a big fish pond where you could go fishing I caght a small fish. So it was a great start to the holiday, so follow me on my amazing asia holiday.



Thankyou for reading Zara


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Tanjung Puting National ParkTanjung Puting National Park
Tanjung Puting National Park

Reforrestation Project


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb