trip to the Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Luzon » Metro Manila » Makati City
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

WARNING!! You will notice that there some grammar, tense and spellings that are incorrect, those were intentional for your enjoynment. thanks , rex

Hi. Here's some photos, stories and advice from our trip to the Philippines.
It was really a humbly experienced going back to the Philippines.
To have a church family there was the best part of our trip. And to see how solid the brotherhood of the barkadas in Happy Valley Homes1, it really showed, no matter how long or far you've been, it still the same walk,laughter, jokes and kindness to each other.

Once again, I'm thankful for Kuya dann and Ate Rose for treating us like their own brother and sisters. My wife Aileen was very impress with their generosities and hospitalities. I will never forget our first trip to subic, the cd player was playing Eagles going tru the expressway then we swithches to Journey about half way there. I will never forget the trip to laguna, listening to "Styx" and "England dan and John ford Colley"It felt like I was in happy Valley listening to kuya Dan Reyes' tapes o 8tracks pa yata yun.

Kuya Jun E. even though it was quick seeing you, you still manage to spend time with us, thanks for taking us to jolleybee.

Subic was an interesting place. The driving was a lot different than Manila. A stop sign really means stop (not a suggestion). On our way there we stopped at dinalupihan to see Noel to confirm to him that he will be our tour guide while we're overthere. Thank you! Noel. Then we stopped over at HVH to see friends, classmates, old house and old church. Went straight to subic, we stopped by at "Meat plus" diner, there you will taste the best burger in subic also try their beef belly w/'rice, hmmm yummy!. Camayan beach resort is actually a very nice resort. the room is big enough for 4 people. The beach is about 100ft from your hotel room. you will wake up to the sound of monkeys in the morning scavenging for food in the trash can. The massage is about 300 pesos w'c is about 7 US $. In short, i did get a massage everyday. There is an abundance of colorful fishes in there, although i notice that the mosquitos starts to come out at about 6 pm.

Ilocos
yesiree! they are serious about drug traffickingyesiree! they are serious about drug traffickingyesiree! they are serious about drug trafficking

it's ok to pee on the wall, just no drug trafficking
was a big difference from subic. i just thought that it was just okay. the 5$ hotel wasn't bad at all. squat toilet that doesn't flush well. no shower, you have to use a small bucket. but for 5 bucks with aircondition still not bad. Pagudpud looks nice, but the heat really destroyed my skin.

The dinner with relatives from Mandaluyong and LA was a great experience. The family was very satisfied, content family. no drama, i liked that. Even Aileen, my wife loved to see that loving atmosphere. We had fun.

Thanks to the couple of classmates who visited me. I know that you were very busy, yet, still took time to see us.

Ate Layla, thanks for letting us stay at your beautiful house and thanks for the laundry also, that was a big help. I hope Nanay and Tatay was happy.

Tita Led/Uncle Eddie and Tita Lhen, Thanks so much for recommending the Hotel. we enjoyed our stay. And a big thank you for the laundry. We had fun with you at Villa Escudero(Ebony and Ivory) and the wedding and the libis dampa (great food). Oh and that night we went out for
they welcomed us with a beautiful music.they welcomed us with a beautiful music.they welcomed us with a beautiful music.

btw. some of the musical players were dancing at the same time.
a drink, that was fun too.

And most of all. Thank you MOM Ellen for letting us experienced the beautiful Island of the Philippines. We are very Greatful for your Gift, generosities and kindness. You must have the best patience of all mankind.

Okay, Okay back to the story. well, I'll just let you look at the pictures and have you interpret on what you see.



Additional photos below
Photos: 130, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Look closely at the headlineLook closely at the headline
Look closely at the headline

Aroyo returns today!. we were on the same plane with the philippine pres. never seen that happen to the us pres.(ride a commercial plane.)
Kare-KareKare-Kare
Kare-Kare

oxtail with veggies and peanut sauce. hmm yummy!
PinakbetPinakbet
Pinakbet

pork with veggies and bagoong.
BBQ chicken and pork with friedriceBBQ chicken and pork with friedrice
BBQ chicken and pork with friedrice

You can taste all this good food in "Serye" Quezon City
Walk of Fame (filipino style)Walk of Fame (filipino style)
Walk of Fame (filipino style)

they have names of actors and actresses on this walk way. Yes "chiquito" is in there.
Live Band playing in the courtyardLive Band playing in the courtyard
Live Band playing in the courtyard

Pinoys are really good musicians. this band plays well.
Pitik-BulagPitik-Bulag
Pitik-Bulag

my older bro. playing with his son "Flick-blind". u flick and the it will guess what finger you're showing.
Java timeJava time
Java time

best coffee in the world. wish we have it here in northern Cal.
Mommy pines, me and Haji AlejandroMommy pines, me and Haji Alejandro
Mommy pines, me and Haji Alejandro

told you it's a celebrity hang-out.
Pikchuran.Pikchuran.
Pikchuran.

the family that took care of us while we visited Phils.
Malasimbo bataanMalasimbo bataan
Malasimbo bataan

malas si imbo. there was a story about this little volcano. it has something to do with "imbo"
Saint John AcademySaint John Academy
Saint John Academy

my first year highschool. sorry not a good shot we were moving quickly while i took this.
Noel and I Noel and I
Noel and I

we were asking noel if he can drive our group while vacationing in phils
Noel and k-dannNoel and k-dann
Noel and k-dann

for GQ magazines (galing Quiapo)
Noel giving Dan driving directions.Noel giving Dan driving directions.
Noel giving Dan driving directions.

we were trying to locate Officer Dennis Abad (another classmate of mine)


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb