pleasure at Iloilo


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Iloilo
September 29th 2019
Published: September 3rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

It’s been a long time that I was not able to post any of my travel in this blog. Having this blog helps me remember things that memory may fails us.

My travel to some parts in Iloilo was due to new job location. I started my job in a construction company last July 11, 2017.

Iloilo has a well-managed transportation system compared to other cities in the Philippines except that number of public vehicles were not enough to accommodate passengers in some routes. Picking some leaves of oregano and smell it are some of my daily routine in going to the office.

Iloilo is known for its old churches and Sta. Monica Parish Church in Pavia is the church I visit always during Sunday. There are other wonderful churches such as Miag-ao Church, Jaro Church and Molo Church, a comfortable place since it’s a fully air-conditioned church.

After a long week of work and sitting in the office for a long period of time, there is place where you can visit weekly or any time of the month. The Iloilo River Esplanade of Iloilo is a joggers’ place and just within the city. A very relaxing place in a riverside. A location where you can breathe some cool and fresh air and watch beautiful flowers while walking or jogging. It’s best for cities who have few places to walk or jog because roads are already fully occupied with vehicles.

Another great place to discover is the Iloilo Business Park where convention center is situated. In the center, I was able to watch orchestra played by Manila Symphony Orchestra, based in Manila. There are also homegrown talents who participated in the play.

Another fun-filled activity is the Dinagyang Festival. You just need to prepare for a long walk because some portion of the streets are closed for vehicles. In the same month, Ati-Atihan of Kalibo is being celebrated where drum beats are wonderful to hear and seeing people dancing in the streets.

Guimaras , just 15 minutes away by boat from Iloilo port, is a place for an easy escape from busy life of Iloilo and if you want to see a lot of greens. The place is known for its mangoes but the price is bit higher compared to fruits in Mindanao. For me, Mindanao is still the food basket of the Philippines.

Celebrating valentine’s day alone in Guimaras Mountain Resort is not sad but exciting.

Labor’s Day in Iloilo is a day that laborers always wanted since it’s a non-working day. During that day of 2018, my officemates invited me to join in a plan to visit Garin Farm Pilgrimage Resort. Since one of us celebrates her birthday, the resort gives us a huge discount on entrance fees. Different resorts have unique things to offer, and Garin Farm is a unique place that has a lot of beautiful spots for meditation and selfies.

When joy and pain collide, it’s life. Part of enjoyment in beautiful beaches is a chance that you get hurt by some of the sharp stones. At Kenyama Beach Resort, Nueva Valencia during our Christmas Party in December of 2018, the tail of the dragon was not caught but my knees hit the sharp stones. Despite not feeling well during that time, I chose to attend the party since group activity has a lot of fun. The loud laughter of my officemates in the whole duration of the activity is unforgettable.


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb