At the foot of Mount Apo


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Davao del Sur » Mt Apo
April 5th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I’ve never been to tourist spots of Kidapawan before and I wanted to visit the place to check those things that can bring excitement and fun. It is good that we have a company activity in Kidapawan and Digos City on April 2-3, 2012. We started the travel from General Santos City at around 6 am on April 2,2012. There are 5 vans that were hired to transport us to different places. We passed on a rocky road. There were so much fun during the travel. The chit-chats and laughter of my officemates makes us ignore the bumpy ride. Our first tourist spot destination is the Lake Agco in Kidapawan City. We arrived at around 11 am. The place is mountainous and cold. It is also near Mount Apo, one of the places that hikers love to explore. There are swimming pool , inspired by nature steam bath, and muddy hot water that flowed from the lake. In another part of the place is the muddy boiling lake where no one ever dares to swim. They said that the lake contains sulfur that is good for health. In Mindanao, there are so many fruits, vegetables and fishes. During our lunch, we were fully satisfied with the meal. We ate chicken barbeque, rice, marang fruit, kinilaw, pork barbeque, bijon, spaghetti and many more. We spent the whole afternoon in Lake Agco. In order for us to maximize the leisure, we were headed for the other side of Mount Apo which is in Kapatagan of Digos City. We saw so many mountains, trees and fogs. It’s past 7 pm when we arrived at Highland Resort. In the resort, we take our dinner and share talks in a bonfire that relieved us from the cold during the evening. Altamares tourist inn is the place where we sleep. Most of us wake up very early. As soon as the sun shines, each of us prepares ourselves for another adventure. Before breakfast, we visited Gong land, a place where different work of arts were carved and displayed. The arts depict the historical natives of the land. These natives appeared to be lover of music and art. After a short picture taking with those statues, we went to Highland Resort to have our breakfast then we moved to Camp Sabros. The real adventure is in Camp Sabros. The van that we hired for traveling is not suited for a climb. The resort owns a multicab that was used for climbing mountains and rocky hills. The multicab was designed with its engine, tires and the expert driver for an upward slope. While the driver of the cab hit the rocky upward place, most of the passengers shouted in excitement and some fear. Thanks God, we are safe after a few minutes. Now, most of us will have our first experience of zip line adventure. We pay the all-rides tickets offered by the resort. The all-rides ticket is composed of 400 meters zip line with a partner, 400 meters zipline for one person, 400 meters steel chair cable ride, and the 800 meters zip line for one person. The camp operates for more than 10 years already. To take a ride is a risk but the experience of flying like a bird is unforgettable and awesome. We saw the tall trees below. When we are moving fast to another point, big trees are in our sides, others even tried to touch the leaves. The men assisting us in a ride were good in doing their job. When a person in a zip line is approaching the end portion, there were gadgets attached in the wire that will serve like a break of a car to create a decrease in speed so that the impact in the end during the arrival of a person will be minimized. All of the zip line activities were done manually from pushing the person at the start of the ride to the catching strategy at the end of the line. We also have a horseback riding. In the afternoon, we went home to General Santos happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb