Philippines Holiday


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu
December 16th 2007
Published: December 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 13



Went for a walk with Roger & Maryann towards Station 3.



Saw a glass bottom boat, painted like Nemo.



A bit further along the beach, we saw a Christmas tree made of native vegetation (including coconuts).













Further along, the beach became rockier & eventually there was not much sand to walk on, so we turned back. At one point, there was a hole through the rock, which you could walk through.



We also came upon some Hammocks on the beach front, which I had to try.









We had our breakfast in the new dining area (which had only opened the night before) & then we made preparations to leave. We left the Hotel at 9:30 am for the short trip to the Boat Terminal.





Took the Banca boat back over to Caticlan. When we arrived at Caticlan, we did not dock at the wharf-all people & luggage would have to go through the water. The porters actually carried us on their shoulders to shore (so we did not have get our clothes & feet wet).

We boarded the bus for Kalibo & arrived at the airport about 2 hours before the flight was due to depart (actually signs warn that check-in closes 45 minutes before the flight).

Since we had some time to kill, some of us had a snack in the Coffee Shop. About 3:15 pm we boarded the Cebu Pacific plane for the short flight to Cebu. We were on the ground in Cebu before 4:30 pm.

We were picked up & driven to the Marriott Hotel. We checked in (after going through the usual security-sniffer dogs) & unloaded our luggage.



Most went shopping in a nearby shopping centre. I went, with Odie, to the Marriott’s Pool & had a nice swim (even though it started to rain, it was not cold).



In the evening, we took Taxi’s to Casino Espanol. We travelled to this Spanish Club to celebrate Maryann’s Birthday. Her uncle had made all the arrangements & there was plenty of Buffet Style food. Dessert was one of my favourites - Sansrival (I ended up having more than 1 piece).





There was a series of speeches to finish off the evening-by cousins, Roger, Ruby, Riza, Mitch, her uncle & Maryann herself. During proceedings there was a loud thunderstorm. Going back to the Hotel took a while because it was a bit hard to get a Taxi.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0978s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb