Hongkong travel 09/2010


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cagayan De Oro
January 23rd 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

I have travelled to HK for the first time last September 3-8, 2010.. I must say that was the most wonderful experience i have ever encountered so far together with my family.. My husband and our two children.... I must say HK offer lot entertainment young and old alike.... Our first day was spent just familiarizing the place. We stayed at Yau Ma Tei as advised by my sister who went there a month ahead... But I must say that I should have picked Tsim Sha Tsui area because that's where the a lot more tourist attractions is located.... The Gateway (one of the biggest shopping mall) is there, the HK Botanical Garden and the Avenue of "Stars where you can witness the Symphony of lights around 7:30-8:00pm at the Victoria Harbour...Or maybe one can also stay at Mongkok area where a lot more interesting buys are... such as the latest gadgets, and there you can find the ladies' market... When you buy at ladies' market, make sure you have to bargain up to 50-70% of the original price...If the vendors will not give it to you, find another one as there are a lot more in the next corner....

Our second day in HK we went to Ocean Park. We spent the whole day there as there are so much to do and a lot of shows to watch...

#3rd day which is a Sunday, we went to Macau by Ferry... The best day to go to Macau is during Sunday, if you are a from the Philippines and you don't know your way around Macau. When you walk out of the terminal, you would know why...All bus transport around macau is free....Shows in every well known Hotel is for free. Walking around Senado Square is the best part as there are a lot of food stalls who offers free food taste..... just make sure you buy so as not to disappoint them though...

4th day we went to Disney land.. Going to Disney during a weekday is way much better to avoid the rush of many tourist and to ensure that the queue in every shows and rides is not a mile long....specially when queuing for a shot with the magical characters....

5th day was spent at Ngong Ping 360...A very solemn place.....Before you go to Ngong PIng, you will alight at Tung Chung Stn... make sure you drop by the City Gate outlet in TungChung.. Prices of branded clothings, shoes etc.. are way much cheaper there... You can either take the bus going to Lantau Island or take the 25 minute cable car.... (We've had enough of cable car ride when we went to ocean park so we opted for the 45 minutes bus ride instead.
then from Lantau Island, we head on to Victoria Peak to enjoy the view of HK during nightime.. We decided to experience riding the tram.... It's a bit scary though but one of a kind experience.

The sixth day is our last day in HK.... we used the time for some last minute shopping and buying souveniers for our friends back home.... Travelling around HK is very easy as there are a lot of maps... My tip is if you think you are lost,, just look for the MTR sign and go to the subway, it will point you where you are at the moment and will guide you to your point of destination... Not many can understand and talk english well, so it's really hard asking people around. Surely, one can easily navigate HK very well...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb