Next two stops!


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Bohol » Panglao
June 16th 2013
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wow, it's been ages, you musta been missing us loads!

Since Siquijor we have been to Bohol and Camiguin.

Bohol (Panglao island) was the wicked place with our own bamboo hut where we had to shower outside and a Gekko poo-ed on our bed...luckily 1 minute after Holly had got up. Panglao was pretty cool, our resort was quiet but a 5min motorbike ride away was beach strip with restaurants and an epic happy hour with rum & coke at a mighty 37p! We managed to get suitably sozzled and filled our tummies with delicious BBQ food at the price of £1.48. Bloody brilliant!

We took a tour in a tricycle round the main tourist sites. Frankly we could have chosen a more comfortable method of transport but it made it more Filipino chic. We were taken to the Chocolate Hills which we anticipated being a coupla boring hills, but alas, they were rather entertaining, rather cute! We visited the tarsiers which are tiny monkey-like creatures no bigger than your palm. They are v territorial meaning that if they are put into cages or kept in captivity they commit suicide! So they are kept in their natural habitat with pathways carefully carved around their sacred trees.

For lunch we rode(?!) on a floating restaurant, stopping to watch a local tribe do an adorable song and dance with ukuleles. The scenery was beauts and the food pretty ok (For you Doon: buffet; rice, noodles, shredded beef, fried chicken, prawns, pineapple, weird gelatinous rice cakes, caramelised bananas)

One other tourist sight we had the pleasure of visiting was the worlds biggest python. I can't remember dimensions but they feed it once a month with a 50-60kg pig or goat! Unfortunately all the other animals in the mini zoo were kept in tiny cage. We didn't like it, left pretty swiftly.

The tricycle took us past some amazing scenery, past rice paddies which made us seriously contemplate the process of growing rice. Some people use water buffaloes but most still do my by hand. Apparently rice takes 6 months to grow so you can harvest twice a year...but it still looks hardcore.

We were tempted to stay on longer in Panglao but there are still a lot of islands that we want to see so we jumped on another mini bus to get the boat to get to Camiguin...the volcanic island with hot springs, cold springs, waterfalls, beaches....next instalment to come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb