Second attempt to The Chocolate Hills = SUCCESS!


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Bohol » Carmen
November 28th 2011
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our second attempt to visit the Chocolate Hills was a success, we made it accident free! I should mention Tris drove the whole time.

We stopped to see where I did crash... when you come around the corner you dont have much time to stop for the bridge. Plus the bridge was wide enough for 2 vehicles to go at a time, so why the guy in front of me stopped on his motorbike I dont know..

The man made forest doesn't look like much to us as we see forests like this all the time in Canada. The Filipinos LOVE it because its so different from all the other jungle/forests they have.

Anyway the Chocolate Hills were really neat looking. It is believed that the island of Bohol used to be under water. The Chocolate Hills are limestone formations in the shape of chocolate hersheys kisses. There are tons of them. Right now they are covered in greenery, but at other times of year they are brown.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

DoggieDoggie
Doggie

This dog was high up on a wall and we thought he was stuck. we through bread for him... but he climbed down and was okay.


Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb