From the Caves and Rice Terraces to Matabungkay Beach


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Batangas » Matabungkay
February 14th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As early as January, we planned a Valentine’s adventure in Sagada and Banaue on Feb, 13-16. All the preparations were done. We both filed for our vacation leave in the office for Feb. 14 and 15. I made some research on the places to see, things to buy and foods to eat. Our itinerary was already final and budget was computed and earmarked. We already made a booking for 1 night at George’s Guest House in Sagada and the next night at Banaue Hotel. We were so excited then until a bad news came about Lola Abe (my husband Freddie’s grandmother). She was dying.

A week before Valentine’s day, Lola Abe died. Freddie, who grew up with Lola Abe, was so affected especially on the day of the interment. We went to Marinduque to pay our last respect to lola and got back to Manila so tired, sleepy and lonely. It was then that we decided to change and not push through with our planned Valentine’s adventure.

On February 13, we were still undecided on how to make the day of the hearts special but in the evening, I was so happy to receive a bouquet of 3 red roses from Freddie. It was then we realized that we need to make this special day a memorable one and I know Lola Abe would be very happy.

Early morning of Feb. 14, I woke up from his kisses…the best way to start the day. We prepared everything our kids would need for the 2 days that we will be away.



Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb