Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Batangas » Calatagan
July 20th 2012
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Calatagan

Last Friday(July 20, 2012), the whole family went to Calatagan Batangas for our scheduled overnight trip to Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort. We left our house at around 11AM and arrived at Stilts by 2PM, just in time for our check-in time of 2PM. The whole time of our travel it was raining heavily, we were all worried what our day(and night) would look like with that kind of weather. As we arrived on the resort, one can easily notice the tranquility and peace of the place. There’s not too much people around, well partly because this resort is STRICTLY FOR INVITATION ONLY. Meaning you have to reserve in advance before going there, so no walk-in I must say for those planning to go there unannounced.

We were assisted by the staff as we prepare to go to our cottage after check-in which is Iligan. We have tons of stuff coz the whole family went including the kids and the helpers. They were kind enough to carry all our stuff up to our cottage. I am so impressed by the whole resort which also includes our cottage. It was very big, with 2 big bedrooms and an attic which has 3 single beds, a living room, dining table and 2 bathrooms inside and 1 outside. There were also welcome drinks available for us when we got there and after sipping mine I quickly took several shots of our cottage and noticed how clean and cozy our room was. The bathrooms were also very clean with shampoo, shower gel and liquid hand soaps available. Towels were also plenty, dining area has ref but there was no kitchen on our cottage. I just don’t know if all of the cottage doesn’t have any kitchen. Maybe they’re discouraging guests to cook their own food there(though we bought our own food). Another thing we noticed was there’s also no TV! Wow, too bad but its’ ok, we thought we could survive without TV because of their WIFI…but no, wifi connection was a major disappointment! It’s so damn hard to connect to their WIFI! Well, apart from it, we were very satisfied with our stay.

We swam on their swimming pool that has a kiddie pool and adult pool at around 3PM and eventhough it was slightly raining we all had a good time! We were surprised that the water on the pool was really
Iligan CottageIligan CottageIligan Cottage

our cottage
not that cold. Anyway, after the pool we headed to the beach and spent some time there. We didn’t get to enjoy the beach so much unlike the pool coz the beach was so rocky and also a bit dirty. We had a free 2 hour kayak use and snorkling so we used it and after that we returned on our cottage.

There was nothing much to do come night time, except we played billiards after dinner for an hour(it was still raining), had some drinks and returned again to our cottage. We finished the red wine that we brought, played some cards and retired to bed.

I had a very good sleep because it was so cold, the next day it was still raining and we just accepted the fact that we wont have a better weather while we were there. We headed to their restaurant for our free buffet breakfast. Frankly there’s really nothing special with their buffet breakfast. We had fried boneless bangus, longanisa, omelette, fried rice, fruits(mango and pineapple), cereals(for the kids), coffee, juice, except for the fried bangus all are just plain and not really delicious at all.

We just finished our stay there by going again to the beach and pool, had picture taking and by 12:30PM we already packed and headed home. Oh before I forget, if you will pass by Tagaytay, head to Loumars Pies and Tarts. We bought several buko pies, macapuno and cheese tarts and even Bagoong Balayan! The buko pie was superb! Definitely a must try…



Overall Verdict: IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

Will I go back there again? OF COURSE! IN A HEARTBEAT 😊

Worth every peso? I don't know, I didn't paid a single cent! But I'm sure it is!

For more inquiries about this resort, check out their official site: STILTS CALATAGAN BEACH RESORT


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

room upstairsroom upstairs
room upstairs

with plenty of extra mattresses


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb