Himalayan Education Lifeline Programme (HELP)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
October 28th 2013
Published: October 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I founded a charity 10 years ago which offers volunteering opportunities, raises funds to support village schools, in Nepal and India. It's name is the Himalayan Education Lifeline Programme (HELP). Find out what HELP does by going to www.help-education.org

I have written a novel drawing on my own experiences as a UNDP volunteer in Kathmandu in the late 60's, which I hope will help me raises money for HELP. This is what one of HELP's ex-volunteers has said about the book:



“I couldn't put it down! It wasn't really what I was expecting; I thought it would have been an account of the author's life's work but instead Master of the Moon explores the essence of human emotions through an honest depiction of love and desire and above all, through the search for 'truth'. It leaves the reader questioning 'what is truth? Can it be expressed by the empirical, or by the spiritual?' and most importantly, 'does love conquer all?'



Set in Nepal in the 60s, Coleman's semi-autobiographical novel brings to life the eclectic mix of religions and cultures of Nepal though the eyes of his protagonist -a UN volunteer from Britain named Frank. The reader is propelled into the alluring turmoil of Kathmandu through the powerful descriptions of the narrative.





Frank's quest for 'truth', epitomised by his Himalayan trek to the elusive and revered lake, Chandrapal Pokhari, is mirrored by his love affair with the beautiful Sunita. The two narratives are inextricably linked; on the one hand Frank is reaching for higher ideals through the tangibility of human desire and the physical rawness of the Himalayan landscape, and on the other he is seeking answers to his existential questions, 'what is love?', 'what is truth?' and essentially 'what does it mean to exist?'.



Master of the Moon is a captivating novel that will keep the reader enthralled until the last page.”



The paperback version of the novel has now been published by Amazon, and is on sale now. To buy either the paperback or the Kindle version, just go to



http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BJNSTLO (UK Marketplace) or http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJNSTLO (US Marketplace)



All the profit from sales will go towards HELP!



Happy reading!



Jim Coleman

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb