A Typical day in Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
March 8th 2010
Published: March 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nepal, although a relatively small country hosted some of the most diverse landscape including 8 of the ten highest mountains on earth. From our 5 day trek in the Himalayas experiencing glorious sunshine to 2 feet of snow on the highest mountains we crossed, we went down to Chitwan, a National Park where the rare one horned rhino's could be found in the wild, as well as Tigers, sloth bears, crocodiles, 5% of the worlds birdlife, bison and wild Asian elephants.

A canoe about 15 centimetres from the water went down the river where we were to come face to face with crocodiles and rare birds all around, as well as snakes and catfish - although fortunately the water was too shallow for the latter at this time of year... It was then on foot where we suddenly realised we were walking around 20 foot wild grasslands home to wild tigers, elephants, bison, rhino, crocodiles and bears, with a guide with a stick as protection. We got debriefed with all the scare stories and what to do if we see one of these rare animals - basically leg it up a tree. Fortunately we managed to see 3 wild rhino from a distance - the sheer panic when we realised we were close on the guides as we scaled trees to get a safe vantage point. Also on our stay we went to an elephant breeding camp as well as a trek on an elephant to get even closer to the rhino..

Afterwards the polluted city of Kathmandu, a city filled with ancient temples and buddhist monks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



8th March 2010

Beard
You Beauty..!! Looks like you're enjoying yourselves..!! Are you gonna be beack for Sams stag do ?

Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb