Arrived


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
January 29th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well now, we seem to have arrived. Adjustments are beginning to take. First impressions are hard to encapsulate, simply put though, Kathmandu is maddening, but in a good way. Already we have begun cultural immersion and eaten such things as beaten rice, newari fried momos filled with “buff”(aka buffalo), some sort of newari version of dried chicken, akin to a jerky, and a spaghetti approximation that starred yak cheese. The people are all quite friendly, interesting, and engaging (with the exception of the two teenagers who grifted me out of 1500 rupees at the airport). We are really quite the spectacle for the locals, I am sure I will soon get used to the non-stop staring everywhere I go. Taxis are a test of fate.

There is just a snippet, more to come as I have more to offer and begin to decode what the heck is going on around me…so far, so good!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



29th January 2009

ZOMGQ!
Wow!! Wau! VoW! That picture of the alley is beautiful. The place looks otherworldly. Keep us up to date!
29th January 2009

Get ready....
You made it! Phase one complete. Now for phase two: Jet lag time! 5am wake up everyday! My advice, there is usually someone else up.
5th February 2009

in that one photo of tamar, you can really see how tiny the native people are. nobody ever talks about that, probably because it's rude. my fault. i'm sorry they stare at you. also, very rude. when you come back, i promise not to look at you even once. please to continue having a good time in the other country.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb