Walking Backwards Down Mountains


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » The Last Resort
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Phil got back on Friday from the Poon Hill trek and we ended up going to Dokhaima, a local restaurant for dinner. We ended up staying up quite late which I was regretting the next morning when we woke up at 5am to catch the 6am bus from Thamel to The Last Resort. This place is about half an hour from the Tibet Border and is quite tranquil (for the most part - i'll get to that later). After the 4 hour bus ride to the Resort, we crossed a massive suspension bridge and found our rooms - overlooking the bungy and facing straight onto the gorge. We got kitted up and walked about 15 minutes to the gorge where we would start canyoning. To start off we slid down some smooth rocks to get to the first cliff face. This was only about 10 m. Each cliff face increased in height until the final descent of 45 metres. I couldn't believe I did it, I was quite proud of myself. Chris seemed to be natural, bouncing down the cliff face, whilst Celeste and I were not as confident, but in the end were getting the hang of it.

The following day we went white water rafting...our raft comprised of aussies and an american from NY so we decided to call our team TEAM A! The rapds were all pretty much grade 3 so nothing too challenging. At the end we got to jump off a big rock which was a bit of fun too. I was pretty sore yesterday after a v. active weekend so was glad to come home after work and sleep off some of the soreness/tiredness... Tomorrow Jess gets here! I am very excited to show her around - Nepal is the first stop for her on her first ever overseas trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb