We're Here!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
July 9th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!!! It is about 6pm on sunday July 9th, which means it is prolly around 8am at home - - the flights were long and the layovers were torture, pretty much feels like we have been awake for the past three days... we arrived in Nepal at about 1:30pm and got brough to the hotel we will be staying in for the night and possibly tomorrow night as well - but since we want to get going on our projects we might only stay tonight - it depends on how we recover from this wonderful jetlag - - the city of kathmandu is busy and crazy - we only drove through it today, but it looks very intense and exciting. There is another couple here who are actually working at the same sites that we will be - both boys will be teaching at the same school and both girls will be working at orthopeadic hospital in the physical therapy departments - so that will be nice. the food is SPICY but we are dealing with it - Rachel actually ate it even though she never eats spicy food of any degree at home haha... our supervisor came to the hotel and talked to us about when we wanted to start.. so far the plan is to go with her at 10:30am make a stop at the US embassy so we can check in with them and then go meet our host family and such... thats about it for now - we have dinner at 7pm and are planning on going to bed directly after since we are fighting to stay awake as it is.... k LOVE and miss you mom, dad and family very very much so - - take care and if i dont call tonight (which will be morning for you) i will sometime tomorrow (Rachel) k we will update soon, bye!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb