Students at Snowland


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Bishal Nagar
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey again! I have a little bit of extra time, so thought I would write a little about some of the students I have met at Snowland.

Karma Lhamo- a cute little girl! She has a bright red hat which she wears alot, but it has a hole at the top. She doesn't have any hair (because of lice), so it looks really funny- it's very endearing. She loves writing- sometimes I give her words like 'apple' and 'grasshopper' etc, and she will literally spend hours writing them out on a piece of paper! I am also proud of the fact that I taught her the word 'thumb'! There are loads of little children at Snowland who love singing and playing in the playground. They love making things as well, like bracelets out of dried leaves.

Chitij- is a boy who is about 14 years old. He has an amazing singing voice- and he wants to be the next Indian idol! Not sure whether thats a very realistic ambition, but he loves singing tibetan prayers. Its amazing that he has never had any training in singing, because he really is brilliant! His favourite actor is Shah Rukh Khan, and he also loves to act like him.

Deepak- is a really sweet boy, about 14 I think. When I first met him, he would always scowl, but over the past weeks we have become good friends, and now we spend loads of time standing in the playground together. He loves football and Harry Potter (his pencilcase is covered with Harry Potter stickers!) He also likes Ronaldihno (a football player??). He's a very quiet boy, but he speaks good english. He's very polite, and never wishes to offend- which is true of many of the students here!

Tsering Chawang- is a boy of about 16 years old. He is really good at art, and loves drawings landscapes from his imagination. He also loves playing football- I have watched him play it even whilst he is brushing his teeth! He has a brother of 9 years old, who is a Buddhist monk and lives in a monastery.

Sonam- is a really hard-working and clever girl. She is probably one of the best english speakers in the school. In the future, she wants to be a doctor in Nepal. Like many of the girls here, she loves learning about the Solar System- and I love telling them as much a sI know about it!

Dup Tsering- a boy of maybe 11 years, who is amazing at art! I've never seen anyone with as much talent!!! He can draw things from memory so well, and can copy pictures very accurately considering his age and background! I can't wait to see more of his work!

There are loads of more of kids, but I'm running out of time! I will write later! Byeeee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb