Day #11 - Arriving in Dingboche


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Dingboche
November 26th 2012
Published: December 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We saw Dingboche first from a reasonable distance away, which always helps with the motivation to make the last few miles. When I arrived at the outskirts of the village I noticed only a single path/"Street" through the middle of the village. This consisted of rocky path no wider than 6-8 feet flanked on either side by buildings or stone walls, with a small stream running down the middle of the path of the path. The village itself was long and thin, inclining some 20-30 meters higher at one end where all the more handsome and larger lodges appeared to be.

Getting to the lodge required negotiating both the stream that ran down the main path, but also the number of Yaks and horses that seemed to be wandering aimlessly down through the village.

I arrived at the Sonam friendship village lodge in time for lunch, and somewhat tiredly I managed to negotiate the last 8 steps up into the lodge itself, and gratefully collapsed into a welcoming chair. A couple of hot drinks later, followed by some soup and spaghetti, and my spirits and energy had returned.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb