Day #11 - Pangboche to Dingboche


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Dingboche
November 26th 2012
Published: December 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we waved goodbye to the other group from Peregrine (our tour operator) who had stayed at the same lodge as us the night before and who were traveling down to warmer climes in Namche Bazar. They left us with tales of biting winds, chilling colds and exhausting climbs and treks to reach Kala Pattar and Everest Base Camp (EBC). Thanks for the motivational talk guys!!

Starting out from Pangboche, the weather was warm and cloudless. Ascending slowly for an hour or so to Shomare for lunch was straightforward and presented no difficulty. The terrain had truly changed compared to Tengboche, and now all around us there was scrubland without a tree in sight. No one had spotted the last tree on the way up so we promised to look out for the first tree on the way down - a task we equally failed to achieve.

Suitably refreshed at Shomare, we set off for the remaining 3 hours of trekking uphill to Dingboche, crossing several times over the Imja Khola river with Ama Dablam always a constant and magnificent prescence to our left, getting closer with every step.

By mid-afternoon we arrived safely and in good shape into Dingboche.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb