Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna
March 13th 2008
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone -

We are in Nepal and loving it. We haven't had time to update anything on Israel or Jordan. We leave early tomorrow for our trek around the Annapurna Circuit and have a few things to do yet so I can't update more than this short note for now. When we get back we'll post some more pictures of Israel and Jordan and hopefully a few of Annapurna if the haze clears up.

Let us know if you want any immatation North Face or Mountain Hardware gear. Its funny to see North Face jackets for $40 to $50. The crazy thing is that you can't really tell its counterfit. We had a great conversation with the man selling some of this type gear and it appears that in order to cross the border from China with "North Face" gear they have to pay twice the tax as if crossing with generic gear. He doubts that the People's Republic of China sees much of that tax income.

Israel was great. I'm sure you've all heard about the shootings in Jerusalem that occured the night we left. That's tragic, especially when you see the majority of Arabs and Jews interacting with no apparent hostility.

I wish we had time to write more and share photos but we have to go. Besides, there's a hippie just walked in and is now trying to smoke his money's worth of cheap asian tobacco.

Bye for now....and again, we sure Love and miss everyone.

Ben

Advertisement



14th March 2008

Hey you guys, Can't wait to here tales from Israel. Me and Donna are going to make that trip someday. When I heard Steve's comment about you being a gifted writer, I sent your blog site to your English teacher, Ms Shows. Heather, you looked so cute sitting on that column. Blessings, wonderful surprises and adventures to you. I love you....Mom

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb