Day 15 - Annapurna Circuit - Marpha (2670m) to Ghasa (2010m)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 23rd 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Another 6am start as we had a lot of ground to cover. We had a tip off that Tatopani was an awesome place to see and after that was Jeep track so we decided that that was a good place to finish our trek. It was a long day but the walk was a damn sight better than the previous day! The 4 of us set off and we immediately had to climb the side of the lush green valley and we were very happy! There was minimal wind, no dust and nothing but lush mountain to look at. We cracked on with Tommy a few hours behind the 3 of us and when we stopped for lunch Tommy caught us up. The four of us reunited walked on past open fields of Yaks and riverbed and ended up following a local goat path! As we were determined never to repeat walking in a jeep track again, we checked the map and figured if we just follow the river no matter what all will be well. It was awesome, we were jumping over old rock walls, knarley tree roots, negotiating thorny bushes and every once in a while bumping into cows, goats or yaks on the way. We rejoined the Annapurna trail towards the end of the walk and were walking through the jungle paths when it started to rain and we saw about 20 monkeys and their babies swinging through the canopy above. We ran the last Km or so as the rain began to pelt it down and after 9 hours of walking we made it to Ghasa. Found our first tea house and haggled a cheaper price on beer. We had a good feast made fresh from there garden and slept like babies!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb