Day 6 - Annapurna Circuit- Mungji (3330m) to Manang (3540)


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna » Annapurna Circuit
May 14th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to what felt like Christmas morning in our little tea house. The whole village and surrounding mountains were covered in snow and the snow was still coming down. We all rushed out to see a whole new landscape and then wondered why Tommy hadn’t followed... As it turned out the house cat had given birth to kittens in Tommy’s bed that night!! They still had their eyes closed and were cuddled up in Tommy’s bed feeding and snuggling with their mum, super cute! Our host sparked up the log burner and we sat and chilled with him listening to music, drinking tea and eating apple pancakes waiting for the weather to pick up. Once the sky had started to clear the sun soon started to melt on the roads and we made our way to Braga to find the rest of our group. We still had plans to attempt a side trek up to “the ice lake” but due to the morning snow it was only us and Jaap who began walking and the others moved onto Manang for a rest day. We got about a quarter of the way up the trail when mountain man Stefano caught up with us. He was keeping up a much faster pace than us so after a while he headed out in front. We got just over half the way up when Stefano called down to us that he was turning round because the weather seemed to be setting in. As mountain novices we reluctantly heeded his warning and began descending again with him. We found the others in a lovely tea house in Manang and took an over due hot shower. However, despite the lovely hot shower the outside freezing temperatures meant that everyone was cold as ice after washing and so we decided the best place to be was in bed! A short power nap turned into a pretty heavy sleep and had we not had plans for a big hike the following day we wouldn’t have bothered venturing back down for dinner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb