Male and Moet


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Ari Atoll
March 3rd 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

BA flight left on time nice seats, plenty of leg room. (You can tell I'm getting old!) Listened to remastered Pink Floyd whilst doing crossword (another bad sign ). Food surprisingly good then a film (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) good but those back seat screens never do a film justice. Slept on and off for a few hours then before you know the light is pouring through the window and breakfast is served.

Landed 10 minutes early and for once passport/baggage is not a tortuous queue and we're landside in less than an hour.

As before the Conrad staff were waiting for us as we came through customs and within 10 minutes we'd been checked in for our water taxi and were on our way to the lounge to wait for the final leg of the journey.

We waited long enough for a cup of coffee and for Sue to have a quick massage and then we were airborne. The flight took 35 minutes and we we're taxi-ing up to the landing stage in no time.

We'd checked in at the water taxi lounge so it was straight to the room. Because of weight issues (not mine I hasten to add) 1 suitcase was coming on the next flight but this only took another 40 minutes so having unpacked the holiday could begin. We then got a very nice surprise when a knock on the door produced a waiter with a bottle of Moet, plate of fruit and a box of chocs! Obviously Moet had to be drunk asap before the ice melted in the bucket - good start to the holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb