Day 1 - Flight from Melbourne & Arrival in Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
January 15th 2008
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

View from balcony at Bayview Beach ResortView from balcony at Bayview Beach ResortView from balcony at Bayview Beach Resort

View of Lovers Isle From our Balcony 21 Jan
Geo: 5.4712, 100.246

We flew out on the 00:45am Malaysia Airlines flight from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur, then Malaysia Airlines again to Penang, arriving about 9:00am. The flight was as comfortable as you could hope but I didn't think the service or food was as good as our flight on Thai Airlines who we flew with last year.

We were collected at the airport up by a driver from the Bayview Beach Resort, and he took us on a quick driving tour around Georgetown along the way to Batu Ferringhi which was very interesting. We arrived at the Bayview Beach Resort at about 10.30am to find our interconnecting Family Side Seaview and Deluxe Side Seaview rooms reading and waiting.

We were very happy with the standard of the rooms, particularly the size. They were huge and the king sized beds were massive. My 13 and 16 year olds had single beds in the family suite. We didn't find out until later that the single beds were shorter than normal and that both the kids had their feet hanging over the edge! We didn't realise this so it is something to consider if booking this room with teenagers.

My TripAdvisor hotel review for the Bayview Beach Resort can be found here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g635527-d308096-r13636743-Bayview_Beach_Resort-Batu_Ferringhi_Penang_Island_Penan.html

We spent the first day investigating the resort and going for a walk along the main street of Batu Ferringhi to Ocean Jupiter Tour and Rental to confirm our email booked car and driver for our Laketown trip. We ate at Long Beach Foodcourt the first night following the recommendations on the TripAdvisor forums. It was FANTASTIC. I am not much of an asian food lover, and I don't eat seafood, but I tried the satay, the roti and an indian curry and they were magnificent, and so very cheap. Everyone could have what they liked to eat, my husband had fried koay teow (sp?) and the kids all had satays, spring rolls and pizza. We all loved it. We then walked back through the markets, which was the pattern each night of our stay.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb