Pulau Perhentian Kecil


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
May 3rd 2005
Published: May 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The next morning a bunch of us sleep deprived backpackers from the same guesthouse crammed into a mini bus and we were on our way to Tok Bali to catch the slow boat to the island. Along the way the driver asked if anyone wanted to see hot springs, i declared no way, i have seen enough of them in Japan but everyone else was keen. So they all got out and had a look, i stayed in the minibus. Later the driver asked everyone for 1MR fee for looking at the hot springs. Very cheeky cause they were free to look at and he certainly didn't own them.

Arrived at Tok Bali at 4pm, to be told that we missed the slow boat and we had to pay another 10MR for the fast boat, everyone was not impressed, obviously the they knew we wouldn't make the boat by 3pm but we had no other option so we paid. The fast boat was indeed fast and we were dropped off about 50ms from shore and dinghy came to get us and we had to pay another 2MR to get to the shore. Thankfully the island was not busy and we got a hut just a few meters from the beach on Coral Bay for 25RM a night. I spent the next 4 days doing nothing much just sleeping, eating, reading, snorkelling and trying not get too sunburnt. Coral bay is not touristy, definately not for the party animal (no grog). Very peaceful, lots of coral and colorful fish just a few meters off the beach. Bloody beautiful!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb