Kuala Lumpur, and a first visit to the Batu Caves


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 9th 2017
Published: January 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Back to Kuala Lumpur! This is not the first visit for neither Tanya or Tiffany...and for me, it is easily over twenty visits to the Malaysian capital. One thing is sure about Kuala Lumpur, hotels are some of the cheapest in the region. Imagine that 60usd gives you a night at the Imperial Sheraton. You count on the fact that we always receive a nice upgrade...that we have access for three of us to the lounge for breakfast...and that from 5pm to 8pm, it's open buffet and open bar at the lounge...I guess this is cheaper than my backpackers years some twenty-one years ago for my first visit to KL! Oh, and I forget, they even gave us some free laundry.



So the deal was not only to spend time in our comfortable suite or being lazy by the lounge or the swimming pool....not that we don't do this very well! So first on the list, I name Batu Caves. Imagine, none of us did it before, and it's just a twenty minutes train ride from our hotel! So not that early morning, we went. They have two main sets of caves...and a lot of steps! Place is truly impressive and you can easily spend half a day here.



They have a lot of fun monkeys in the main caves, specially on the steep steps. Sadly, people love to feed this cute animals, and they feed them with whatever junk. Since when drinking Fanta could be healthy for such a small animal. I'm wondering how many of them do actually have diabetes! I'm not kidding and it makes me sad to think that some adults are so not considerate when it comes to very simple things. Do people not have even a brain?



We spent few hours at Batu caves. At least now I know how it looks like...pretty fun experience...and a lot of steps. Later that day, it was swimming pool....because we don't need to run all over all the time.



Next day, it's back to some shopping at the Petronas, after a great Indian lunch before it. It's Sunday, and I have to admit, we don't do much. Fun to see that the top Indian restaurant on tripadvisor is actually a very simple affair. It was simple, very cheap and delicious!



Time to get back to Bangkok already, and next stop is our little retreat in Hua Hin for few days. No blog about this...who cares to see us spending days in a private swimming pool. Tiffany is also already back to school. Imagine, three more full years to go, and it's already University time for her! It doesn't make me feel any younger!



Next blog is from a very cold place. This place only attracts a massive amount of tourists one month a year. It should be very special and very cold! I checked, fun to see that I will be the second ever blogger to write a blog on travelblog about this truly well know place...but not so often visited!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb