A Full Tank of Petrol


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We rose late after getting to bed just after midnight. The walk to brunch was about 15 minutes and we immediately recognised that Kuala Lumpur is much wealthier than Jakarta. Lucy in the Sky was the name of the coffee shop and the staff were very accommodating as Ed's rounds of toast kept rolling in. Hat knocked a glass off a shelf and was mortified, however, they were very laid back and even made her a hot chocolate with a teddy bear shaped into the milk and chocolate writhing on the saucer which said no worries.
We caught a taxi to the Petronas Twin Towers to visit the science museum on the 4th floor. It had been created by the Malaysian petrochemical company Petronas and therefore there was quite a bit about how oil was extracted and split. There were lots of interactive exhibits, such as the tornado chamber and brainwave challenge, plus several manned stations which demonstrated fire bubbles and flame twister. I think the kids liked juggling the fireball in particular.
After four hours it was time to head back. The taxi back was a slight event as the driver tried to fleece us, but he got rumbled.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb