Sulphur-crested bat possums


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
August 8th 2015
Published: August 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Every time I return home from a trip overseas I tell myself that next time ill spend a little more on a nicer airline, though when Jetstar is offering flights from Christchurch to Singapore for $300 I cant really pass that up. The only catch with that generous price is a twelve hour stopover in Melbourne in the middle of the night. Thankfully Cohan was willing to splash out for a motel which certainly bet my idea of sleeping in the airport.

Once we arrived at the motel the next thing to do was partake in a well needed bourbon, so after a few bourbons and some hopeless Aussie TV it was time for some spotlighting at the park just out the back of the motel, we weren't really expecting much but we were kind of hoping for some bats, 10 mins in I managed to spot something quite large in a tall eucalyptus tree, my first thought was possum but then Cohan said bat... we both stood there for a moment thinking why is this possum/bat white... that's when it dawned on me it was a Sulphur-crested cockatoo, so first animal for the trip was a Sulphur-crested bat possum!

The next day it was off to Singapore where we would be spending our one night at the fairly average City Backpackers right in the heart of China town.

According to a friend Lesser false vampire bats can sometimes be spotted a Fort Canning Park, so assuming we could find them we tried our luck but unfortunately got nothing but frogs and a good amount of ants that took a real liking to biting us at any opportunity they could get.

After a great fail at Fort Canning Park all we could do was drown our sorrows at Hooters... Neither of us had been to a Hooters before so at least that was one to tick off the list.

Tomorrow we fly to Colombo Sri Lanka where Sloth Bears and Slender Loris await us

Advertisement



9th August 2015

HOOOTERSSS!!!
Did you spot any owls at hooter?

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb